Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Quarter club run, the Swell.

+8
bcarl13
milo942
thearkmaster
Ty
Andrew
dutchman
offroad_medic
Kevin
12 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

1st Quarter club run, the Swell. - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Quarter club run, the Swell.

Post by offroad_medic Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:07 pm

After looking at where they are meeting up, it would be a very real possibility of meeting up with those guys in the morning. As long as we can wake up early enough and get in the road. Seeing the Buckhorn Wash pictograph panel can be done quickly and get back on the road. They are meeting up close to the area of the other two side canyons I was going to run to see pictographs. We could go work for them, run trails, and then just get to Copper Globe a little later than previously planned
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

1st Quarter club run, the Swell. - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Quarter club run, the Swell.

Post by Kevin Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:40 am

So, what if we work Saturday until 1 or 2 pm, then split for Black Dragon and Three Fingers, and explore Copper Globe on Sunday before coming home? I know this leaves out some of the stuff that Brad wanted to see, but the Swell will be there all summer, this BLM work project won't.

I think I'm the only one that hit any service projects at all last year, aren't I? You all have some catching up do to, this is your chance... Twisted Evil
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:58 am

I'm good with what ever. I'm back on the fence at whether I can even go of not with my new work situation. You guys may be doing to see me at Maverick rather than picking me up.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:43 am

I really like the idea of working with the BLM. Let's get an email sent off to him. Kevin, can you take that? After lunch we can split and start our exploring.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:02 am

I'm game to work with the BLM. Anything to help keep trails open.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:08 am

I knew you'd come around, Brady Razz
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:12 am

As long as I get to wheel with you guys!! Laughing

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:31 am

I'm totally down to help out the BLM. Honestly it won't detract from what I've planned out anyway. I need to look again but I'm pretty sure that black dragon and three fingers both take off from right around the initial meet up area for the BLM project.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:38 am

Sweet. I'll email the fella and let him know we're coming.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:43 am

Jaydon is stoked to have us, says bring gloves and shovels, and a rock bar if we have one.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:12 am

Kevin wrote:Jaydon is stoked to have us, says bring gloves and shovels, and a rock bar if we have one.
Copy that. I'll try to find the biggest damn piece of rebar I can Laughing also I have been looking at times and trail distances and I'm not really worried to much about being rushed for time and getting to see everything we wants. Both black dragon and three fingers will be relatively quick run.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:26 am

I have a DAMNED big piece of rebar, one of the winch anchors we used on the Mary Ellen recovery.  I think it weighs more than my hilift.  Shocked

What's your plan for Black Dragon?  Are we going to drive the entire canyon/wash, or were you thinking of starting at the east end and just hitting the petroglyphs?  Because that's cake, it's a very mellow couple hundred yards into the canyon mouth and then however long we want to spend exploring the rock art site.  OTOH, the entire trail is about 10 miles? or so through the canyon to the top of the wash, then it's turn around and come back or drive another 10ish miles through Jackass Bench to the next freeway access.  

So yeah, just curious.  I'd like to drive the whole thing, I haven't completed it yet, but if we do the work project all morning and then drive all of Black Dragon, we won't have time for anything else and will probably pull into Copper Globe after dark.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:58 am

I wasn't really planning on getting to Copper Globe until right around dark, if not after. Three Fingers is about 45 minutes one way and then Black Dragon is only about 15 minutes one way to the pictograph panel. Both trails leave from the same parking area right off of I70. I'm honestly find running he whole thing if we want. Like I said, I am in no rush with anything we really do
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:27 am

From the mouth of Black Dragon canyon to the pictographs might be 15 minutes if you hike it. It's seriously just around the corner.

So if we did Three Fingers at 1400, that'd put us back at I70 at 1530 which would be plenty of time to at least get up and out Black Dragon and back to I70 at Buckhorn before dark. It's 20 miles down I70 to exit 116. It can't be more than ten miles from there down to Copper Globe, but I don't know how hard that ten miles is...
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:33 am

The books I was reading were saying that if you are competent enough to pick a good line that you can get a passenger car close and a stock SUV can make it to the mine. So I'm not worried about getting our trucks wherever we want to.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:40 pm

It's your trip, but I vote we drive all of Black Dragon then. Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm down. And I'm even more okay with some night wheeling since its been a long time since I have
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:57 pm

I've added a shared Google doc to the first post.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Yes! I knew this would happen eventually. Thanks Andrew!
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:02 am

One of these days Satan-I-mean-Google is going to start charging for that, and Andrew is going to go broke.

Ian gets out of school at 1300 on Friday, and he'd rather I didn't pull him early (I know, he's weird). So we're good to roll any time after 1300 I suppose.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:17 am

Works for me!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:14 pm

What are you guys thinking for food? Do you want to do meals together or fend for ourselves? I'm all for cooking up something delicious
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:47 pm

I'd be game for some dinner potlucks!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKay Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:07 pm

So is it too late to tag along?
MacKay
MacKay

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:48 am

Absolutely not. The more the merrier in my opinion. Especially to help out with the service project. goodnight
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next