Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Quarter club run, the Swell.

+8
bcarl13
milo942
thearkmaster
Ty
Andrew
dutchman
offroad_medic
Kevin
12 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

1st Quarter club run, the Swell. - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Quarter club run, the Swell.

Post by Kevin Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm pumped for this trip. I can't wait to see if Black Dragon is going to tear the trailer hitch off my truck.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

1st Quarter club run, the Swell. - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Quarter club run, the Swell.

Post by offroad_medic Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:19 pm

You planning on dragging the trailer through everything that weekend?
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:44 pm

I'm sure gonna try.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:11 am

Kevin wrote:I'm pumped for this trip.  I can't wait to see if Black Dragon is going to tear the trailer hitch off my truck.

It wouldn't if it had my hitch of badassness.

On a sadder note. I'm going to have to pull a typical Ty and bail. With my current employment situation and therefore lack of financials, I will hopefully be working down in Levan at my dad's friends Dairy. If not then very possibly throwing freight at Walmart. I think Aiden has his Blue and gold banquet Friday as well. One of these days I will be in a position where I can go do some of these trips, right now just isn't that day. Sorry guys really it's nothing personal, I really do like to hang with you guys.

You guys should at least stop in Santaquin and say hi. Kevin you could drop off my lights and pick up your spare steering rack that we forgot about last time you were here!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:15 pm

Anything we can do to help out Ty?

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 pm

dutchman wrote:Anything we can do to help out Ty?

x2
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:38 pm

dutchman wrote:Anything we can do to help out Ty?

Find me a million dollars!! Or find me a part time/weekend job.

Really its not as bad as I make it sound. I do have a job they have just cut our hours 10%. It may not seem like a lot, but I'm not great with money, so it is enough to cause a lot of stress, and limit a lot of extra activities. They said furloughs will go through June and if it's still as slow as it is now we will see another round of layoffs. So yeah it is as bad as I make it sound.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Mitch @ UFAB is looking to move to larger facilities...maybe he could use an extra set of hands?
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:53 pm

I will check it out.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 pm

So is Chance/Chocflip.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:40 am

Seeing is how we're a little more that a week away, do we have a definitive list of who's attending? What should we do for food? Community meals or fend for yourself?

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKay Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:18 pm

I was really hoping to come and meet you guys, help fix up a trail and see some sights, but I found out today that I was scheduled to go on a work trip and won't be back. Hopefully next time.
MacKay
MacKay

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:01 am

Definitely next time, then!

I'm good either way Brady, in terms of food.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:36 am

I'll bring the Dutch oven and do some cobbler for anyone interested.

Kevin, what time are you and Ian going to be ready since he won't ditch school? Also Brady, are you working at all friday?
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:34 am

I'm taking the whole day off that Friday. I'll be good to leave around 11:00-12:00.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:37 am

With my work/training schedule that week I might only have Friday morning to swap out a CV. Are you take the beast or riding along?
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:12 am

offroad_medic wrote:With my work/training schedule that week I might only have Friday morning to swap out a CV. Are you take the beast or riding along?

If you want you can leave your rig with me a day or two before and I can swap the CV and you can borrow a car if needed. I haven't decided on the Beest or not...

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:07 pm

offroad_medic wrote:I'll bring the Dutch oven and do some cobbler for anyone interested.

Kevin, what time are you and Ian going to be ready since he won't ditch school? Also Brady, are you working at all friday?

He's out of school at 1305, we can grab him and be on the freeway by 1330.

Where are we meeting? Mouth of Spanish Fork?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennamin Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:24 pm

I don't know which is worse... staring at my new (used) tranny and anticipating getting the Runner back on the road, or wishing I hadn't already signed up for the scout trip so I could come along to the Swell... Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast! I'll be more careful with my calendar next time.
Bennamin
Bennamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:57 am

I need to work Friday morning and don't know how long I'll be. I'm going to send Nicole and Ian to meet with you guys wherever you decide, and I'll catch up with you all at the Wedge.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 am

If google maps is anywhere close. it looks like its faster to take I-15 as far as Nephi or even Scipio. Then you could stop and say hi to me on your way through Santaquin!!!! Then Kevin you could bring me my lights and tail lights so I can figure out how I want to mount them on my trailer. Just sayin' Smile
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:01 am

US6 is the shortest route from Salt Lake, by far. Even driving down to your place and then back to Spanish Fork Canyon adds almost an hour, I won't have time. I'll bring them if you want to meet in Spanish Fork, or I can just drop them in the mail?

Or here's an idea, tell your new boss you're sick and come camping with us.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:13 am

I don't know if "BY FAR" is the right term to use Razz. I've driven all 3 roads many times. If I had to choose, given a 10 mile difference, I would take I-15 to Nephi then Salina any day. But thats just me. I like that drive better.

1st Quarter club run, the Swell. - Page 5 Capture_zps0jziueil

You can go what way you would like. I was just suggesting a way you could come see me. Even if you didn't bring my stuff.

Any way depending on what time you are coming through Spanish, I could probably meet you there.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:40 am

The Wedge is in the north part of the Swell though. Starting from Spanish Fork, it's 109 miles to the overlook driving over Soldier Summit, 192 if you come through Salina.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:56 am

Kevin wrote:The Wedge is in the north part of the Swell though.  Starting from Spanish Fork, it's 109 miles to the overlook driving over Soldier Summit, 192 if you come through Salina.

Makes sense. The Wedge location on Google Maps took me to the wedge not the overlook/campground. I didn't have the GPS coords and the map said it was still south of 70. Let me know when you are going to be in Spanish. I will try to meet you.

A real friend would drive an extra 90 miles though. Mad
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next