Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GottaBe's Rig

+5
Andrew
Kevin
sixstringsteve
dutchman
GottaBeTRD
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GottaBe's Rig - Page 3 Empty Re: GottaBe's Rig

Post by Ty Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:21 pm

My guess would be Brigham City.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by smkd13 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:17 pm

That would be correct unless we have a member in British Columbia lol
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 pm

We ate heading up to Brigham (BC) on Saturday to start cutting my ifs out for my sas. Anyone is welcome. Just let me know so I can plan burgers. There is a thread in the club trips section "Yearly over night wrench out"
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:05 pm

damn i work every other Saturday and SO FAR every wrench day or trip, has fallen on a day that i work now! frick! sorry guys. One of these days i'll make it happen
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Man the mod bug is biting hard! Someone brought these to my attention and I'm thinking on changing out the blacked out look. I'll take that lame 8 of of there and maybe put a TRD sticker or something. So... yeah my brand new tires and wheels MIGHT be for sale in the next couple months lol. I'm thinking ill go 33's with these babies?? I may also be incoherent right now from learning all day at school. lol drugs are bad mkay?
[img]GottaBe's Rig - Page 3 550195_477527985620415_2125095425_n_zps6213d11a[/img]

GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by smkd13 Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:04 pm

GottaBeTRD wrote:Man the mod bug is biting hard! Someone brought these to my attention and I'm thinking on changing out the blacked out look. I'll take that lame 8 of of there and maybe put a TRD sticker or something. So... yeah my brand new tires and wheels MIGHT be for sale in the next couple months lol. I'm thinking ill go 33's with these babies?? I may also be incoherent right now from learning all day at school. lol drugs are bad mkay?
[img]GottaBe's Rig - Page 3 550195_477527985620415_2125095425_n_zps6213d11a[/img]

ok well if you got to 33s then your gonna be looking at a drop in gas mileage and what not but that is just how it work you know lol i would stick with your 265s for a while and focus on a regear before you make the jump. that is what i will be focusing on here in the next few months. for now though it is 65 everywhere lol

those rims are freaking sweet!!! what are the specs for them anyway?
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Some-Beach kinda pissed about this cause i don't really have time to fix it. Should i order my coilovers now and what are some easy fixes for this?

[img]GottaBe's Rig - Page 3 Fak038_zpsf3ef49e2[/img]
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by smkd13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Um what exactly is that? Did your shock puke that upper what?
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:46 pm

lmao! no my inner cv-axle boot ripped some how so now it's poop all over the place!

I've been reading some things and it looks like I'll be safe to drive on it for a little bit. I wanted to wait to ordercoilovers until this summer but i might do it now to avoid running into this situation again. Let me know what you guys think.

I also might just buy some of those CV axles they have at Orielys or Napa that have the life time warranty on them and pray they don't break again. I'm Just wondering if we want to make a wrench day out of it? or have a shop do it. I've heard mixed reviews on how hard it is to replace these things.
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:59 pm

As far as I know the coil overs aren't any different. The only way to prevent that is to pull your lift off. The CV axles are on that angle whether you puck lift or coil over lift.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by smkd13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Not that hard. Hit me up and I will come help you. And a diff drop could help CV angles but anything that puts them out of factory spec will stress them.
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:22 pm

yeah that's what a lot of people have been telling me with the coilovers. Some guys just get lucky without having these issues I guess? From what i read it seems the coilovers have less stress on the CV's because they have more play in them or something along those lines.

I'll totally hit you up Ben, I may try to pick a CV up monday at the stealership. I'm still trying to decide if i want a cheap one with lifetime warranty or OEM. anyway thanks for the input guys
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by smkd13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:23 pm

I would just go aftermarket and just research which one will be best cause well it breaks then you go get a new one lol and yeah just let me know bud
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:44 am

If you're going to buy an aftermarket or a cheap rebuild, NAPA is the way to go. Most of the others are crap.

If it were me, I'd give CVJ Axles a call. I blew up my IFS truck before I could buy them, but those are supposed to be the best rebuilds on the market, and you can get them with better boots so you don't blow the seal again.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:18 pm

ill check them out kevin thanks! I'm gonna try and pick some up if i can on monday. This will be something i'd definitely like to learn. I just don't want to get in the middle of it and become stranded. thanks for the info guys. I'm glad its not as serious of a problem that i thought it was.
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Sun May 12, 2013 6:07 pm

hey guys! i was surprised to see such little activity here. It looks like everyone has been pretty busy lately?

so the 4runner is kinda down i think. I'm not sure what it is but I kind of feel uncomfortable driving it. The rear end really bounces on bumps. i seriously think the tires get off the air at times. Is this what the longer panhard bars or the drops do to prevent this?

As for the front, It may be my imagination but the front feels like it's gonna buckle with how stiff it is. I cant wait to order my new suspension. It's killing me!

So anyway the good news is I've been driving this for the last couple weeks:
GottaBe's Rig - Page 3 Photo14_zps69add614

this is a 2010 and my 4runner still runs and drives better then this pile, but I gotta give it a thanks for getting me though these weeks.

GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon May 13, 2013 1:36 am

Couple things you could try. Have you replaced the bushings in your upper and lower links? I've heard they can be to tight. When I lifted mine I loosened them then let everything settle for a few minutes then tightened them back up. If you haven't loosened them since you lifted it that could be part of your problem. As far as the front, that's what your going to get with a lifted rig. Yes the high dollar coils will help but any time you strech your suspension like that is going stiffen your ride to some degree. I really didn't notice it much when it was on my rig, in fact I thought they felt kind of soft ( maybe that's because I didn't have a sway bar! ) but I also expected a diet ride do to the style of lift. Also I still recommend ditching the rear sway bar. Best thing I ever did for my ride. Worst thing I ever did was ditch the front sway bar.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Sat May 18, 2013 7:40 am

thanks Tyson. Im gonna ride in Ben's rig and see what it feels like. I think my only fear is if i cause or get in an accident due to having to make a quick maneuver and it they see i removed my sway bars... yeah i don't know we'll see how things go

As for the upper and lower links are you talking about the rear sway bar links? There us only the ones that we broke when we were putting the LC coils in right?
I did get some longer endlinks with some of those energy suspension bushings. I'll replace the fronts when i do my front set up.

It's weird, It seemd to ride fine for a couple of weeks when i had the new 5125 billies installed but then those came loose from those mounts, I took it back to the shop and they welded the shock brackets to the mount on the truck. and now it seems to be jumpy all over again for some reason.

I'll take a look at those end links and see if my sway bar has too much tension
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat May 18, 2013 7:44 am

Wait, back up. What did they weld?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smkd13 Sat May 18, 2013 2:02 pm

It was the adapter that converts the stud type shock mount to a eye hole shock mount.

And Jared, hit me up soon, if ya want I am going up Rattlesnake sunday
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue May 21, 2013 3:19 am

GottaBeTRD wrote:

As for the upper and lower links are you talking about the rear sway bar links? There us only the ones that we broke when we were putting the LC coils in right?
I did get some longer endlinks with some of those energy suspension bushings. I'll replace the fronts when i do my front set up.

Sorry for the delayed response. It has been crazy at work and I have had very little internet time Sad Any way the links I am talking about are the upper and lower control arms also know as 4-link.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 pm

no worries tyson i hear ya with being busy. I'm right there with you. I think when i eventually get together with Ben he can kinda show me some things i should do.

Ben I really want to start driving my rig again. It's been neglected a lot with my new ride haha. The nice thing is i'm putting hardly any miles on it, one tank of gas should last me the whole month and it sits in the garage like a princess all day. I honestly don't want it to be a princess but I still don't really feel comfortable taking my rig off road with my busted CV boots. So yeah I'm just waiting on my next paycheck to get my coilovers. I'm kinda hoping i can find a rebuilt set with some UCA's so i don't have to spend as much, but I hear those go pretty quick

This wrench day will happen soon! I cant wait to take it out on some trails again!
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by smkd13 Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 pm

So did you ever decide on the coilovers your getting and also Sierra expeditions has the best price on Light Racing UCAs. I love mine so far Smile and I am free most mornings as well as Sunday through tues I am off. Just let me know Smile
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Mon May 27, 2013 12:43 pm

alright cool! This Thursday i get paid, I'm crossing my fingers something cheaper pops up but if it doesn't Im gonna get the Light Racing/Icon Package from Wheelers Off road. I'll probably get the IVD coating too so It's gonna set me back about $1500.

I may hold off on the LBJ's. I think CV's, UCA's, Coilovers, and the LBJ's might be too much to do in one day. I'll be hitting you up as soon as i get my setup though.
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Wed May 29, 2013 7:41 pm

i might be picking these up. I'll just have to send them in for a rebuilt and re valving to make them work... This just may be my killer deal!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/279708-set-icon-2-5-shocks-450-obo.html
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum