Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+41
willow
Darkness1982
fixitmr
TyGum
DNO
DesertTE
3rdgentrav
SNO SKI
Bennamin
bcarl13
milo942
sumdude
jlawrey
ricsrx
NateC
TubbyT4R
BoostedRNR
HDL_CinC_Dragon
airmanwilliams
Monsteryota
Krawler_Bowler
oakeeee
thearkmaster
cassidysymes
Devin
Lank
snivilous
offroad_medic
smkd13
Vitruvius
Kedds
Cartzo
GottaBeTRD
100%NewZealand
sixstringsteve
Maldito X
UteRunner
dutchman
Andrew
Kevin
Ty
45 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Introductions - Page 8 Empty Re: Introductions

Post by Kevin Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:26 pm

sumdude wrote:Hey I'm new to the off road stuff, it looks like fun and I am looking to start. Right now I have a stock 1999 4runner, but I am looking to get a lift soon, and go from there.

Welcome! Where do you live?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Kevin wrote:
sumdude wrote:Hey I'm new to the off road stuff, it looks like fun and I am looking to start. Right now I have a stock 1999 4runner, but I am looking to get a lift soon, and go from there.

Welcome!  Where do you live?

Stalker... Evil or Very Mad
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by sumdude Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:35 pm

I live in holladay/sugar house area. I am always glad to find a stalker.... Shocked Shocked
sumdude
sumdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:04 am

Andrew wrote:
Kevin wrote:

Dude, I'm getting better. I haven't hung around outside your house at 3 am in, like, months.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 am

Kevin wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Kevin wrote:

Dude, I'm getting better.  I haven't hung around outside your house at 3 am in, like, months.

Well I feel left out....you haven't ever hung outside of my house Sad .....well, that I know of scratch
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:59 am

That's because I wait until you leave, duh.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:01 am

Well as long as you do something productive while you're there..yard work, painting, drywall, you know just whatever you can fit in
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by TRD270 Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Welcome, glad Kevin can find another house to sit in front of on this side of the valley
TRD270
TRD270

Back to top Go down

Post by Devin Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:07 am

Welllllll.... Im back. Many of you probably didn't know me anyways. But I used to have a 97 sr5 and wrecked that. So now after a good 8 months I again have a 4runner. Picked up a 98 Limited. So im pretty stoked to get back into the group... if anyone is wanting to go do rattlesnake Saturday morning or anything im totally down! or if you wanna go any other time. I am down anytime. I have many many plans for my runner so im definitely considering a build thread considering its all stock Smile
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by milo942 Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:42 pm

New to this forum obviously Newhere  but my name is Miles, I live in Sandy I've been dating my girlfriend for almost 2 years, my first love for yotas came from my 1993 sr5 that I bought for $500 back in summer of 2013 with a blown 3.slow, got her up and running from a trusty old Hanes manual that 1/2 the pages were too greasy to read. I got her back on the black in early spring 2014 and just recently acquired my  98 limited. (big plans)  

I love everything under the sun with an engine.
2004 Arctic Cat king cat 900 twin snowmobile
2004 Honda CRF 450 Dirt bike
2004 Yamaha YFZ 450 Sport Quad
1990 Kawasaki JS650 stand up jetski

I've been looking for a while for a group here in Utah of Toyota enthusiasts and I'm glad I found this and even happier to be a part of it!
milo942
milo942

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Awesome, welcome Miles!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Welcome Miles! Good to have you here and enjoy the circus. Also disregard all the cynicism :pullhair:
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by milo942 Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:51 pm

offroad_medic wrote:Welcome Miles! Good to have you here and enjoy the circus. Also disregard all the cynicism :pullhair:

Haha will do! :albino:
milo942
milo942

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:02 am

Welcome aboard Miles!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by bcarl13 Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:13 pm

Hey guys I am the new kid around here. My name is Brent Carlson, born and raised in Bountiful where i currently live with my wife of just over a year Brigette. I married into a family of toyotas (2 3rd gen 4 runner, 3 1st gen 4runners, 85 pickup, 80 series land cruiser, pic from yesterday in Moab)After 2 months of looking I just got myself into a 1996 4runner, found a steal and am looking at starting some mods (see build thread). Im happy to be here and have some guys here locally to answer any questions.Introductions - Page 8 Img_0111

Last edited by bcarl13 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Picture)

bcarl13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:50 pm

Welcome aboard Brent!! Man I wish my Runner would climb a hill that steep Laughing :lol!:
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:48 am

Welcome Carl! That's a fine collection of Toyotas there.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRD270 Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:45 pm

That blue 4runner looks familiar, custom hood scoop and all
TRD270
TRD270

Back to top Go down

Post by bcarl13 Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:16 pm

TRD270 was that yours that you sold to my brother in law? If so, the entire family is very very impressed about the quality of work you put in on it. I rode in it all weekend and it is an awesome rig. For sure my favorite out of the family, well besides my own.

bcarl13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennamin Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Time to step up to the mic...

My name is Ben. I am the Fleet Manager for West Jordan City. I'm married, and have adult kids. I've been all over the place with employment but usually not too far from the automotive world... started out at Weber State in the GM ASEP program and working for a Buick/Jeep/Eagle dealership; did the Big-O Tire thing; worked in the hardware stores for a bit; Firefighter/EMT for Kaysville Fire for 10 years; worked the ramp for Delta Airlines; sold modular flooring; service manager for a firetruck dealership; outside sales and store manager for NAPA; and now at West Jordan.

I've been around the outdoors forever. In the old days, I had a '72 Chev 3/4T lifted wheeler. I've been in scouting for about 8 years. Most recently I've been climbing into dark, tight holes that are way far away from civilization with some caving people. So, love heights, love claustrophobic stuff, love outdoors, love camping and hiking. The works.

I've always wanted a Runner. I've got a buddy that has a couple jeeps and wants me to go with him, and also happens to run a tow truck, so I got the benefit of grabbing a cheap ride. 2nd gen 1992 SR5 that didn't run. Put some work into it and a new fuel pump and it was purring. Until the transmission went. It has 275K miles, and a knowledgeable tranny guy says they last a good 200k or so... so right this minute it's sitting with legal tags on the side of my garage, hoping for a tranny swap in the next few weeks. After that? I'm a bit conservative. But my buddy seems to think otherwise, so we'll see. Never know when a GM6.0 and trans might find their way into it... It's going to be a fun journey, and it's going to take awhile.
Bennamin
Bennamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:22 pm

bcarl13 wrote:TRD270 was that yours that you sold to my brother in law? If so, the entire family is very very impressed about the quality of work you put in on it. I rode in it all weekend and it is an awesome rig. For sure my favorite out of the family, well besides my own.

Josh builds a mean truck. Cool
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Bennamin wrote:Time to step up to the mic...

My name is Ben. I am the Fleet Manager for West Jordan City. I'm married, and have adult kids. I've been all over the place with employment but usually not too far from the automotive world... started out at Weber State in the GM ASEP program and working for a Buick/Jeep/Eagle dealership; did the Big-O Tire thing; worked in the hardware stores for a bit; Firefighter/EMT for Kaysville Fire for 10 years; worked the ramp for Delta Airlines; sold modular flooring; service manager for a firetruck dealership; outside sales and store manager for NAPA; and now at West Jordan.

I've been around the outdoors forever. In the old days, I had a '72 Chev 3/4T lifted wheeler. I've been in scouting for about 8 years. Most recently I've been climbing into dark, tight holes that are way far away from civilization with some caving people. So, love heights, love claustrophobic stuff, love outdoors, love camping and hiking. The works.

I've always wanted a Runner. I've got a buddy that has a couple jeeps and wants me to go with him, and also happens to run a tow truck, so I got the benefit of grabbing a cheap ride. 2nd gen 1992 SR5 that didn't run. Put some work into it and a new fuel pump and it was purring. Until the transmission went. It has 275K miles, and a knowledgeable tranny guy says they last a good 200k or so... so right this minute it's sitting with legal tags on the side of my garage, hoping for a tranny swap in the next few weeks. After that? I'm a bit conservative. But my buddy seems to think otherwise, so we'll see. Never know when a GM6.0 and trans might find their way into it... It's going to be a fun journey, and it's going to take awhile.

Sounds sweet, Ben! Get that bad boy running, then we can show you some trails and you can show us some caves. Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRD270 Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:54 am

Well yeah it was my rig but I can't take credit for most of the work, I only changed a few things on the rig.
TRD270
TRD270

Back to top Go down

Post by SNO SKI Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:56 am

SnoSki here.  If you are a Snowbird skier you might have seen my Mits Montero with the SnoSki license plates parked where only 4x4's can park.  "The Beast" had lived a good life and it was time to upgrade as I pull a small camping trailer in the camping months.  What I needed was more power and that had me on the hunt for a v8, non truck (SUV) that could pull the RPod.  Quickly settled on the 4Runner as I have had several Toyota products in my life including a '74 FJ40.  The hunt was on!

Through AutoTrader.com I found a gently used 04 v8 with 56,000 miles on it being sold by a dealership in Manhattan, NY.  Not only was it low mileage but it had been exclusively maintained by the Toyota dealer in NYC every 4,000 to 5,000 miles including a new water pump and timing belt at 56k!  With that said I made arrangements to purchase and have it shipped to me in SLC.

Coming out of New York City it is stock.  The only mechanical issue I have noticed is the vehicle will not engage in L4.  After searching the forums the general consensus is "use or loose".  Seems the actuator gets gummy (?) and stuck.  H4 works but not L4.  If anyone knows of a "home remedy"  I look forward to hearing what that might be.

About Me: older than some, younger than a few......... 4 kids with 2 boys, one having a FJ and the other one having a tricked out Taco.  I look forward to meeting you and doing a few rides with you all.

Cheers!
Craig

SNO SKI

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi Craig, good to see you over here.

RPods are rad, I wish I could afford one.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum