Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+41
willow
Darkness1982
fixitmr
TyGum
DNO
DesertTE
3rdgentrav
SNO SKI
Bennamin
bcarl13
milo942
sumdude
jlawrey
ricsrx
NateC
TubbyT4R
BoostedRNR
HDL_CinC_Dragon
airmanwilliams
Monsteryota
Krawler_Bowler
oakeeee
thearkmaster
cassidysymes
Devin
Lank
snivilous
offroad_medic
smkd13
Vitruvius
Kedds
Cartzo
GottaBeTRD
100%NewZealand
sixstringsteve
Maldito X
UteRunner
dutchman
Andrew
Kevin
Ty
45 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty Re: Introductions

Post by dutchman Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome Brandon! Nice to have another RMEr over here!

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by HDL_CinC_Dragon Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Rob and I grew up in southern NJ up until I was 16 when I moved to northern CT. After moving to CT I bought my beloved '86 4Runner for $1500 cash with the PO not expecting it to live another year. I gave it the tender loving care it needed and now it runs like a dream(sorta). 3 weeks ago I transitioned back into the civilian world after 4 years of active duty Marine infantry and a week ago I moved to Grand Junction, Colorado with a buddy of mine who was relocated out here for his job. I'm a computer nerd(Build, fix, write programs, play games, etc) but I absolutely love being outside. A perfect day for me would include any combination of off-roading, kayaking, biking, hiking, climbing, paintballing, etc.

I found this site from the T4R forums that I sometimes browse around (I have probably 10 bookmarked threads for stuff I want or need to do). Since I live so close to MOAB now, I am glad I was able to find a primarily 4Runner off-roading group that I can hopefully tag along with and learn from. I am also a huge 4Runner fan-boy... Its almost kind of sad I think... But hey, my 4Runner is my baby and has been for the last 8ish years :)I didn't know a friggen thing about vehicles until I got that beautiful bucket of rusty bolts and now I know enough that I can help people out when their cars or trucks aren't working. Feels pretty good Smile

Anyway, I hope to get to know all/most of you in the coming months and hope even more to get a chance to hang out with everyone at all these events! Have an awesome day, folks!

-Rob
HDL_CinC_Dragon
HDL_CinC_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Welcome Rob! It's always nice to have have new blood around here. Unfortunately for you we don't have anyone that lives too close to you really but that's no problem at all. Let's see some picks of your rig. We need sonething to judge if it is actually has more rust than Kevin's does Laughing but in all seriousness we are planning a trip to Moab coming up at the end if April and would love to have you cone along. There are plenty of great guys who are awesome spotters.
Don't hesitate to ask anything from anyone here, we try to not bite and play friendly.
And especially thanks for all your service!
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 am

Hi Rob, and welcome. I might be wandering down to Grand Junction here in the near future, if I do we'll have to hook up and find some dirt.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HDL_CinC_Dragon Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I did see that I'm a bit far out of the way but I have no qualms driving 3 or 4 hours away for a day of fun in the mud/rocks/etc Smile
I dont have any fresh pics of my runner and need to wait until it gets out here to take some new ones! It's not too far off from stock yet unfortunately but I haven't had much opportunity to do it until now Very Happy I have done a few small things to it that I won't go into detail about until I can create my rig thread Smile

@Kevin Definitely send me a message when you're in the area and we'll try and find some trouble to get into! My vehicle is still stuck in CT awaiting a vehicle hauler to bring it out here for me but I'm working that piece and trying to get it done soon!
HDL_CinC_Dragon
HDL_CinC_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsteryota Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:48 pm

Welcome Rob there is some good wheeling there in gran junction as well as up by vernal ut. Thanks for your service!!!! For insperation browse others rig threads they range from mild to wild lol.
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by BoostedRNR Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Well this forum looks active! ....Hopefully I can drag some of my friends over here.

Anyways, name is Chad, I've lived in Hyrum (near Logan) almost my entire life. Happily married with two crazy boys, ages 2 and 4. I'm a machinist at White Rock out of Logan. I enjoy spending time with the family outdoors, riding dirt bikes, wrenching on my crap, and eating good food.
BoostedRNR
BoostedRNR

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsteryota Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Welcome!!!! That is cool your a mechinest. Hope to see you on the trails.
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:44 am

Hi Chad, welcome.

We're not as nearly active as we'd like to be, but we're trying. Now let's hear some more about this boosted 4Runner. Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoostedRNR Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:16 am

Well....I just sold it:(....but, I also picked up it's replacement! It was an 86 with a little work done to it. Replaced it with a 98. I guess I'll have to supercharge the 98 to stay true to the name
BoostedRNR
BoostedRNR

Back to top Go down

Post by BoostedRNR Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:26 pm

The Turbo I've owned for 5 years and sold a couple weeks ago

Introductions - Page 6 996945ce-4780-4080-8222-a6df5bc018d1_zps6a22f23b

Replaced it with
Introductions - Page 6 20140209_144143_zps28c68e35
She only cost me $1700, but was rear ended, probably has 250k miles, and dirty as hell inside. I drove it home from Salt Lake no problem so I don't think I did too bad
BoostedRNR
BoostedRNR

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:17 pm

$1700 for a running and driving 3rd gen? Awesome deal. Especially since that leaves plenty if money to play with and make it awesome! Welcome to the forum man!
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by TubbyT4R Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Hey Desert Runners,

My name is Ben, I'm from American Fork.  All my life I've wanted either a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited or a 4Runner.  Last year I was lucky enough to buy a 98 4Runner from a friend who owned it for 12 years and took very good care of it.  I'm not a hardcore outdoors guy but I do love camping and wheeling.  I've been looking for expedition and wheeling groups to go play with here in Utah so hopefully I can make it out to some of the events.
TubbyT4R
TubbyT4R

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi Ben!
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsteryota Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Welcome Ben!!!!
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by BoostedRNR Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Glad you picked the 4runner!
BoostedRNR
BoostedRNR

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty My Intro...

Post by NateC Sun May 04, 2014 10:01 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Nathan and I've just moved to Bountiful from Las Vegas, NV. I've been wanting to live in the Salt Lake area for 10 years and was finally able to make it happen this year. I'm into hiking, climbing, skiing, hunting, cycling, trail running...pretty much anything outdoors. This area is a natural fit for myself and my wife and the life we wish to live. We are even happier that our kids will be able grow up here.

I'm joining the forum and hopefully the club in order to meet some new people so that we can have some good times and help me better learn the area and mountains surrounding it. Making friends with someone more mechanically knowledgable wouldn't hurt either.  Very Happy 

As far as the truck goes, I've owned a 1990 4runner for about a month now. I bought it so that I would have a solid vehicle for hunting in the backcountry and getting me around in the snow. It's not pretty, and got its quirks that I need to fix, but I do love it. Everything works on the interior and for being 24+ years old, the interior is pretty darn good. In the near future I have some reliability fixes/upgrades (egr, tps, oil leak, etc.) and a couple cosmetic touches by removing the fender trim and running boards. One major thing that I need to figure out right away is my overdrive. It doesn't seem to work at all.

Down the road; a paintjob, 3.4 swap, 2" lift, and 33s all seem like fun ideas but who knows where the money will end up.

Here she is in all her glory...
Introductions - Page 6 Image

NateC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun May 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Welcome aboard, Nate. Lets go get your truck dirty.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by NateC Sun May 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Kevin- Sounds great! I'm still learning it and making sure it's sound so let's pick something relatively mellow and go get at it. I've been having a lot of fun driving up Skyline Drive up here in Bountiful but it's basically a graded dirt road.

NateC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Sun May 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Welcome to the site, and welcome to Utah!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun May 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Welcome, Nate! My wife is from Henderson so we spend quite a bit of time down there.

Looks like we need to get an overnighter planned soon!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by NateC Sun May 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Thanks Andrew and Ty.

I'm looking forward to getting out and exploring the trails. I need to put the funds together for a recovery kit. That post was a really good and informative one.

As long as I have 2 weeks notice, I am up for an overnighter whenever. I'm still looking for a job, as the one I moved up here for fell through during the process of moving, so I have a lot of freedom at the moment.

NateC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Sun May 04, 2014 7:51 pm

What kind of work do you do? We could help you look!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by NateC Sun May 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Wow! Thanks Ty! I feel lucky to have found this place already.

Most of my experience is in specialty/niche sports sales (bicycling, skis, climbing, running, triathlon). For the last 5 years I ran a youth swimming program, an elite cycling team and have been the owner of a company that specialized in coaching endurance athletes. All at once. LOL

I'm open to expanding on my experience and doing something different (I applied with Easton's Archery division last week). I've got a good understanding of manufacturing>distribution>resale based industries so I'm qualified to work in sales, customer service, or account management for the majority of businesses that have those positions.

I'm super grateful and would find a way to repay the favor if anyone leads me toward getting a job. Fortunately, the wife has a good job already so I'm flexible in regard to salary and benefits.

NateC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Sun May 04, 2014 8:18 pm

If it were me I would try the big guys first.  Check out Scheels, Cabellas, Sports Authority, Big 5, joints like that. I will keep my eyes and ears peeled.

If all else fails I hear Walmart hires!  :lol!: 

Good luck with the hunt. I will keep you posted if I hear of anything!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum