Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turkey Run

4 posters

Go down

Turkey Run Empty Turkey Run

Post by Ty Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:26 am

Normally I am in Moab the weekend after Thanksgiving, however Britt told me the other day that we may not be going this year.  She would like to go on a different family trip.  It is still up in the air and we may still go, but if we don't, Kevin and I thought maybe we could pull something else off and a club.  Suggestions please.

A couple thoughts were

Friday night in the Swell.  It will be a cold night, but might be fun anyways.

Death Valley.  To long of a trip for me that week, but might be fun for you guys.

Box Elder Ghost Towns.  Depending on weather it might be a good time to hit some of the ghost towns up north along with the Hogups and Newfies.

This thread is open for discussion!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Turkey Run Empty Re: Turkey Run

Post by Andrew Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:14 am

I will most likely be in Vegas the week of Thanksgiving...or at least for most of it. Another option is for everyone to come down to Logandale and spend a couple of days on the Logandale trails. My BIL knows that place inside and out and can put us on hardish-core rock crawling trails, all the way to super fun sand dunes. November would be the perfect time to go. We could all camp right at the trailhead.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 am

All I know is I have the entire week off and it looks like none of my family will be coming out and I want to do something. I think Thanksgiving in Moab sounds awesome, but I wouldn't mind spending a couple days in Nevada either. I don't care where really, as long as there's good friends and a campfire.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Kevin wrote:All I know is I have the entire week off and it looks like none of my family will be coming out and I want to do something.  I think Thanksgiving in Moab sounds awesome, but I wouldn't mind spending a couple days in Nevada either.  I don't care where really, as long as there's good friends and a campfire.

This. Except I don't have the whole week off
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:19 am

So what's up?  I'm still sitting on Friday the 21st through Saturday the 29th off, with nothing on my plate.  I probably won't have the Bastard done yet, although we could drive mild trails in Nicole's 4Runner if proper wheeling was on the agenda.

Mostly just want to do something, though.  Do the TCRR/Pony Express loop, or explore the Silver Island Mountains outside Wendover, the Sawtooth/Raft River Mountains and City of Rocks, the Swell, I don't care, but I want to get out at least a couple nights.  If there were enough guys that wanted to go to Sand Hollow or Logandale I'd be down with that too - if I don't drive I'll spot and stack rocks.  If there happened to be some turkey and stuffing in a dutch oven after, even better.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:04 am

Newfies are going to probably finish my year off. I'm not planning on getting out again until the runner is done. With the shape my dad is in, that is not on the priority list right now.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum