Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air compressors

4 posters

Go down

Air compressors Empty Re: Air compressors

Post by Kevin Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:56 am

No personal experience, but I wouldn't trust the Slime compressors to last. Lots of guys use the MV50, that's what I'd do if I had to choose one of those.

Check out the Viair 88p though, probably the best budget air compressor on the market right now. I've had the 90p for several years now, I ignore the duty cycle and it just keeps on pumping - the 88p is newer, more powerful, and a couple bucks less than what I paid for the earlier model.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:02 am

I've got a Smittybilt version of the Superflow MV-90. Works well for me.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsteryota Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 am

You can run any of them in my opinion. Why not throw a spair air tank in the back and that will help take some load of the comp.
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:19 am

I ended up going with the MV-89. The 50 was only rayed for 33" tires so went up to the 89. If only used it once to air up Aiden's bicycle tie just so I could use it! I thought I was going to get to use it yesterday when Britt called and had a flat tire, but when I got there I found a home in the side wall that I could put my first in. Damn it $800 down the drain to replace 4 tires because it's AWD!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:26 am

Ty wrote:I ended up going with the MV-89. The 50 was only rayed for 33" tires so went up to the 89. If only used it once to air up Aiden's bicycle tie just so I could use it!   I thought I was going to get to use it yesterday when Britt called and had a flat tire, but when I got there I found a home in the side wall that I could put my first in. Damn it $800 down the drain to replace 4 tires because it's AWD!

Why did you have to replace all 4? When I had a flat in my Subaru I only replaced the one.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:07 pm

I think the Subaru AWD is different. Some of them have a slipping clutch that can burn out if one tire is way bigger or smaller than the others?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum