Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price Spring Run (Dates Tentative)

+3
offroad_medic
Devin
Ty
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Price Spring Run (Dates Tentative) Empty Price Spring Run (Dates Tentative)

Post by Ty Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 am

I email the President of the King Crawlers Club in Price and got some suggestions on the trails down that direction.

Hey Tyson sorry it took so long to get back to you.  We have many trails in this area that would fit your group quite well.  If its your first trip to this area I would suggest running either one of the Diff Hanger trails (Lower or Upper) or our Pinnacle 1 trail, another option would be Curse Canyon. Selection would mostly depend on how big your group would be, driver experience, and the amount of time you want to be on the trail.  Any of these trails could be done with a rig on 33" tires and a rear locker.  We have had ppl get through these being open on smaller tires but they found some carnage along the way and had to take a strap a time or two.  Pinnacle 1 would be the longest, it takes about 8 hrs with a group of 8. Lower Diff would be slightly less at about 6 hrs, Upper Diff is around 3hrs.  Curse Canyon takes around 3hrs but is different from the others as it doesn't have much rock but involves quite a few off camber spots that can be impassable if weather turns bad.  I would be happy to guide you on any of the trails in our area, or if I'm not available many of our club members would also guide. Let me know if you have any more questions or would like to set up a time to run the trails, Carl 435-650-5319

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:03 AM, Tyson Hardy <desert4runners@gmail.com> wrote:
I am the co-founder of a new club in Salt Lake/ Utah Valleys, called Desert Runners T4R. I have been interested in running some of the trails there in Price and was hoping you could give me a little more info on the difficulty of the trails. Our club consists of 6-10 mild to moderately built 4runners. Are there any specific requirments for these trails (Lockers, tire size?). I am looking for info on any trail in the area that would be doable in a mildly built 4runner (3" lift 33" tires). If we decide to run a trail down in that area we may need a trail guide or maybe we could hook up with you guys on one of your monthly runs. We are just getting tired of "The Snakes" and "AF Canyon" Thanks in advance for any info.
Sent from IP Address: 208.109.181.164
This message was submitted from your website contact form: http://kingcrawlers.com/contact.html
What do you guys think?  I heard these trails are pretty fun but need to be avoided during or post storm which puts them out probably til spring.

It would be a good change and a chance to get as many of us together as possible if we plan a date in advance.  I'm thinking early May.  Maybe set a tentative date at May 10th??

Last edited by Thardy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Price Spring Run (Dates Tentative) Empty Re: Price Spring Run (Dates Tentative)

Post by Devin Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:55 am

as long as i dont have work or school im totally down for going down there for some trails
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:01 am

For sure count me in on a tentative basis!
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:04 am

I've been wanting to hit Price, consider me in.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:06 am

Early spring is when I always head to Moab for 4 or 5 days. I mean, c'mon...in Price you're already halfway there!!!

With my new job starting in December, I'm not sure how much time off I'll have by spring time. Are you thinking just a day trip and running a single trail or spending the weekend and hitting multiples? Either way, I love spring wheelin'...
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:11 am

I was thinking hitting a shorter one Friday evening then camping and running one of the long ones Saturday.

And Price is only 1/3 of the way to Moab for me!! We could do later spring. Do you have a Moab weekend planned already?
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:15 am

Nothing scheduled yet...typically we do 5 days/5 nights mid-to-late April. I definitely have to take time off for that one. I think a May run to Price would be perfect...and it doesn't look like I would have to take time off.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:19 am

I know its a ways out but if my calculations are right and they rarely are, the 10th is Kevin's off weekend. Kevin you good if I mark the calendar for May 9th and 10th in Price?!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:20 am

Moab?  April?  I'll just leave this here then, shall I? http://www.toyota-4runner.org/classic-t4rs/150476-classics-go-moab-iii.html

April 24th to 27th, we're talking.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:22 am

Thardy wrote:I know its a ways out but if my calculations are right and they rarely are, the 10th is Kevin's off weekend.  Kevin you good if I mark the calendar for May 9th and 10th in Price?!
I believe I have that weekend off, let's pencil it in.

Andrew, congrats on the new job!  What'd you find?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:30 am

Kevin wrote:Andrew, congrats on the new job!  What'd you find?
I'll be working at InsideSales.com doing pretty much the same thing I've been doing (Software Engineering). They are located in East Bay/South Provo. Bit of a drive for me but not too much farther than my drive to Lindon.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:32 am

Kevin wrote:Moab?  April?  I'll just leave this here then, shall I? http://www.toyota-4runner.org/classic-t4rs/150476-classics-go-moab-iii.html

April 24th to 27th, we're talking.
I'm committing to this (just did on T4R Smile). I usually prefer late March to hit Moab. Their "seasonal" rates are still low for lodging and the weather is PERFECT! Sometimes the trails are hard to follow since the marks haven't been re-painted yet for EJS, but we manage.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 pm

I may be up for this. It all depends on the baby. If we do this run I would say we do the Price thing in late May early June. With a brand new baby I don't know how many overnighters I can pull off in such a short time.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:57 am

Thardy wrote:I may be up for this.  It all depends on the baby.  If we do this run I would say we do the Price thing in late May early June.  With a brand new baby I don't know how many overnighters I can pull off in such a short time.
This Moab trip is coming right before Nicole will be due.  Whether I can make Price an overnighter the next month will definitely be up to her, though. Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:57 am

Kevin wrote:This Moab trip is coming right before Nicole will be due...
Ummm....WHAT? Did I miss an announcement? My brother called me last night and told me his wife is pregnant with his 1st child (he's 42...we just assumed he wasn't going to have kids). This is awesome! Don't worry, though, it's not going to "inspire" me at all...Evil or Very Mad 
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:35 am

Judging by the size of your clan, I don't believe you need any inspiration at all!

I wasn't going to say anything yet, but I guess I just did, huh?  Nicole has her 8 week visit with the doc this Thursday.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Kevin wrote:Judging by the size of your clan, I don't believe you need any inspiration at all!

I wasn't going to say anything yet, but I guess I just did, huh?  Nicole has her 8 week visit with the doc this Thursday.
Congrats Kevin! That's awesome. You'll have to let us know how everything goes Thursday. Twins maybe? :lol!:
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by thearkmaster Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Count me in! I should be lifted and armored by than Smile
Congrats kevin!
thearkmaster
thearkmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:16 am

What do ya'll think about planning on the "Classics fail to meet in Moab III" the end of April and plan for Price May 16-17th or 30-31st?
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:25 am

I wouldn't be able to make either of those, but don't let that stop you if that works better for everybody else.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 am

Kevin wrote:I wouldn't be able to make either of those, but don't let that stop you if that works better for everybody else.
Kevin, there are always other trails to run those weekends. We should try to schedule the club runs when the core club can be there!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:33 am

I hear you, I'm just saying don't let my weird schedule dictate the club calendar.  You're planning this trip, so find the weekend that works best for everybody, and if that includes me, great Smile.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:40 am

Thardy wrote:What do ya'll think about planning on the "Classics fail to meet in Moab III" the end of April and plan for Price May 16-17th or 30-31st?
If I'm available I'll definitely try to be there but honestly right now I don't even know my schedule for December yet.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:49 am

My thought is if I put it on the calendar then as it gets closer we can plan it into our schedules. I know its not always possible but it is an attempt!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:53 am

Absolutely. I would much rather have lots of lead time and not be able to make it because of myself than have it spring upon me
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next