Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs?

+4
thearkmaster
offroad_medic
Andrew
Kevin
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs?

Post by offroad_medic Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:10 pm

I used utaht4r.com and the only ad was a register.com banner saying you could check for website names with them. It wasn't too big of a deal.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs?

Post by Kevin Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Oh.  Well, cool, maybe I'm freaking out over nothing then.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:03 pm

I went to utaht4r.com. Not the other. On my phone the ad is very small. A little larger on my ipad. I haven't looked on the pc yet.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Sorry guys, I've been slacking on the site - I'll get my butt in gear and get some pages going.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:41 pm

No worries man. It seemed to be working great and it looked awesome when I was playing with it. Speaking of the new website I was thinking today I might make up some UtahT4R.com decals. If anyone has any good suggestions for fonts or design let me know. Also I get a good design I'll make some up if anybody wants one for their truck or whatever.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:08 pm

OK, did a little work on the home page tonight...

http://utaht4r.com
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:23 pm

That looks awesome Andrew. Nice to the point description of the club too
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:46 am

I like it!! would it be possible to make the bar on top with the links a little bigger? Also link the bios to our build threads? Just some Ideas. You do great work Andrew!!

By the way I will quit making Naked Cowboy jokes if you the Dr. Suess comment off my bio! Laughing 
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:48 am

Kevin is there a way to add a link to take you from the forum directly back to the home page?
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:49 am

Thardy wrote:Kevin is there a way to add a link to take you from the forum directly back to the home page?
X2 now that you mention it that was one thing that I found to be slightly obnoxious.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 am

Thardy wrote:Kevin is there a way to add a link to take you from the forum directly back to the home page?
Add a link to the front page of the forum, you mean?  Probably.  Would it be better if Andrew set the Forum link on the web page to open in a new window?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:52 am

Kevin wrote:Add a link to the front page of the forum, you mean?  Probably.  Would it be better if Andrew set the Forum link on the web page to open in a new window?
Doesn't matter either way. You can open it in another window by right clicking so I don't know if its worth that. It was just a thought.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:21 am

I put a link in the Nav bar, was that what you had in mind?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:22 am

Exactly!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Site updated again. I think we're getting closer.

Here's what I have left to do:

1. Add another "trio" pic to the bottom of the homepage (like in the publisher example).
2. Find a better background image for the "Contact us" page.
3. Any other suggestions?
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Maybe instead of putting more pics at the bottom, add them to fill in the top?  I'm at 1200x920 and there's a lot of space showing up top.

I think the text block would look better if it wasn't as wide, too - maybe give it a couple inches of margin on each side?

It looks good, though!  I like that the background doesn't scroll, that was one of the things I was trying to figure out how to make CSS do and it was hurting my head.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Just reading all of your guys abbreviations and technical talk makes my head hurt. Haha good thing you guys understand that stuff cuz I sure don't.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsteryota Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Checked out the site and that rocks guys.
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:03 am

all the other outdoor pursuits our members enjoy. (because they are Toyotas
Got an extraneous period after "enjoy".

/nitpicky bastard
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:18 am

So how does the contact us work? Who gets contacted? Is that what hose weird emails I got the other day were?
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:46 am

I didn't get any creepy emails.  I'm feeling left out now.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:02 am

I got a creepy email, you stalker!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:09 am

Ok then, now we know where it points.  Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:24 am

Kevin wrote:
all the other outdoor pursuits our members enjoy. (because they are Toyotas
Got an extraneous period after "enjoy".

/nitpicky bastard
I copied and pasted that from the Publisher doc you gave me...so Ha! Wink 

You're right though, I need to fix that.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:25 am

Thardy wrote:So how does the contact us work?  Who gets contacted?  Is that what hose weird emails I got the other day were?
Yup, I've got it pointing to your desert runners gmail address. I did test it a couple of times to make sure it was working. You're welcome!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum