Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs?

+4
thearkmaster
offroad_medic
Andrew
Kevin
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs?

Post by Kevin Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 am

We could do that.  Do the rest of you guys want your blurbs linked to your threads on here?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody know anything about web sites and URLs?

Post by offroad_medic Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:37 am

Just for the record I do not have any actual crickets in my runner. Haha I do have sliders though. tongue future mods are 285/75/16 with LC 8 wraps, bilsteins and coilovers. Occupation is emergency paramedic. Hobbies are hiking, camping, shooting, snowboarding. Favorite trails are anything down south on red rock I can make it on. Haha

Also I think it would be cool to be linked to the build threads here.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:03 am

Brady, Andrew, don't make me finish filling in your blurbs for you.  Even better, I'll have Ty do it. Twisted Evil

Hit a snag - Ty's been using Photoshop, which doesn't save in a format I can use for a web page.  I've been using MS Publisher, which can save in a web page format, but it's actually completely retarded and doesn't support scaling or RTF or any one of a number of things a web page needs to not be utter crap.

Anybody have a copy of Front Page?  Or Dreamweaver?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:29 am

You know the mods better than me.  How this for the BIO's:

Brady:

Favorite trails:  I-15, Rattlesnake, and M.E.G.
Hobbies:  Sniffing my own farts while in the shower, Wearing Aubrey's Dress', Helping Tyson fix his truck, Daydreaming about being as cool as Tyson and Kevin!

Andrew "Naked Cowboy"

Favorite trails: Pritchett Canyon, Forest Lake, Where ever Kevin gets stranded.
Hobbies: Rescuing Kevin, Sniffing Brady's farts while in the shower, dancing through fields of Daisy's, Showing off his cool truck!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:52 am

Thardy wrote:Sniffing Brady's farts while in the shower,
Shocked 

Laughing
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 am

Kevin wrote:
Thardy wrote:Sniffing Brady's farts while in the shower,
Shocked 

Laughing
Hahahahaha oh poor naked cowboy :lol!:
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 am

The Naked Cowboy doesn't discriminate! Shocked 
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 am

BTW, there is WAY too much showering going on around here...and fart sniffing...
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:39 am

Seems like I need to fill in my bio...

And...there does seem to be a lot of showering and sniffing.

Last edited by dutchman on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:42 am

Oh come on his fatty sniffing is a respectable hobby!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:45 am

Kevin wrote:Hit a snag - Ty's been using Photoshop, which doesn't save in a format I can use for a web page.  I've been using MS Publisher, which can save in a web page format, but it's actually completely retarded and doesn't support scaling or RTF or any one of a number of things a web page needs to not be utter crap.

I can code the HTML/Javascript - all you guys need to do is get me the images you want. That way I can make all the content dynamic and we can really customize it the way we want to with stylesheets, etc.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:00 am

Like always Andrew to the rescue!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:22 am

clfrnacwby wrote:
Kevin wrote:Hit a snag - Ty's been using Photoshop, which doesn't save in a format I can use for a web page.  I've been using MS Publisher, which can save in a web page format, but it's actually completely retarded and doesn't support scaling or RTF or any one of a number of things a web page needs to not be utter crap.

I can code the HTML/Javascript - all you guys need to do is get me the images you want.  That way I can make all the content dynamic and we can really customize it the way we want to with stylesheets, etc.
Well, why didn't you say so?  I looked at trying to code the thing in HTML and CSS and after I spent all night reading tutorials and getting more and more frustrated, I went and opened a blog page at Weebly (which was totally not Ty's idea).  Which is what I've been screwing with all morning.

I got us free webspace at http://utaht4r.x10host.com/.  I'll email you the admin password.  I emailed you the Publisher file, right?  Make it look like that, except for the part where it looks like it was designed by a pair of meth-addled monkeys.  Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:06 pm

I know it's not much, but here's what I got done tonight...a little sneak peek. It's definitely not final, just dusting off the ol' HTML and CSS skills...

http://utaht4r.x10host.com/members.html
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Looks good!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:00 am

::like::
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:37 am

That looks awesome Andrew, nice work!
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 am

Looks good!

I'll make sure to update my bio before this gets launched.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:32 am

I bought utaht4r.com at Ty's link and pointed it to utaht4r.x10host.com.  It said something hinky about having to buy "premium" forwarding in order for that to be transparent?  Does that sound right, Andrew?

edit to add - Yup.  Register.com says there's going to be a banner at the bottom that we can pay 49.99 to get rid of.  Huh.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Bull shit fine print huh?
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:16 pm

So does everything link and forward like it should and there is just a banner on the bottom or is it being a PITA? If everything works, would it be a big deal to have the banner on the bottom of the web page?

Edit- Everything seemed to work decent when I was playing with the website and the banner wasn't too obnoxious....
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Is it working for you, Brad?  Who's your ISP?  I can't see it yet, I'm still getting the Register.com placeholder.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:05 pm

I just did it on my phone which is verizon. The home page wasn't working but the members part worked great and the link to the forum seemed to work okay.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:06 pm

I don't think he has done the home page yet. Members page and forum link are working for me!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:08 pm

offroad_medic wrote:I just did it on my phone which is verizon. The home page wasn't working but the members part worked great and the link to the forum seemed to work okay.
Right, but did you use utaht4r.com, or utaht4r.x10host.com?  You shouldn't see any ads at all on utaht4r.x10host.com.  Utaht4r.com isn't up yet, or at least it hasn't propogated to Comcast yet, but Register.com is telling me that we're going to get ads when we use the utaht4r.com domain I just bought, which could potentially suck sweaty goat nipples.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum