Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Moab Trip

2 posters

Go down

First Moab Trip Empty First Moab Trip

Post by snivilous Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Went to Moab this weekend, Thursday-Sunday. Was pretty sweet and certainly different wheeling than I've ever done before!

Had a CV boot get a hole in it, which I just duct taped in the meantime. Had my Hi-Lift fall off because I had the hook pointed down and apparently that was enough to hit a rock and shear that mount off Shocked Had my CB antenna fall off (how does that even happen?!) from the spring threads being beaten down so it slipped off I guess, luckily we ran into some Jeeps who had it. So overall, not that bad of damage Very Happy

First Moab Trip Dsc_4012

First Moab Trip Dsc_4011

First Moab Trip Dsc_4013

First Moab Trip Dsc_4014

First Moab Trip Dsc_4015

First Moab Trip Dsc_3910

By the way, it sucks you can't just use Photobucket to show the pictures...
snivilous
snivilous

Back to top Go down

First Moab Trip Empty Re: First Moab Trip

Post by Kevin Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I know, the photos are wonky.  Get a bigger computer screen. Very Happy

I saw your buddy post on RME that you'd torn your boot, didn't know that was you though.  What trails did you guys run?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snivilous Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Kevin wrote:I know, the photos are wonky.  Get a bigger computer screen. Very Happy

I saw your buddy post on RME that you'd torn your boot, didn't know that was you though.  What trails did you guys run?
Did all of Fins and Things (and camped at the campground at it's start) Friday, then part of Poison Spider that night but it was harder than we thought and a storm was coming so turned back early. Saturday started off with Porcupine 4x4 and part of Porcupine Rim which is where I think I tore the boot. Around 2pm we went back for Poison Spider since that was a fun trail and did a lot of it until we couldn't figure out where the trail was, so found where the sand dune and the other side of the loop were (we went right for the loop), so cross countried over to the sand dune but then the Jeep couldn't get up it (around 7pm then) so we headed back since the sun was going down. And then Sunday we did the first part of Hell's Revenge up to the overlook at Hell's Gate, where a guy took me for a ride around Hell's Gate in his Buggy which was sweet Very Happy 

Definitely gonna have to go back sometime.
snivilous
snivilous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm

I see a GoPro on your hood, are we going to get some video?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down