Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out"

+2
dutchman
Ty
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out" Empty Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out"

Post by Ty Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Just had an idea and thought I would hit you guys up about it.

It seems hard to get out wheeling for everyone during the winter and winter seems to be the best time to mod and upgrade. So what do you guys think about a yearly Winter Overnight Wrench Out?

The idea came to me because the first part of February I'm going to start cutting the ifs out of my Runner and thought it would be cool to plug in the trailer, fill the propane bottles and turn on the furnace. Start tear down on Friday night work late then crash in the trailer. Up early for Dutch Oven breakfast burritos then back to work.

On a year like this where one of us has a big project we focus on that one project. Other years when the projects are more minor we can focus on multiple rigs and possibly wrench Friday night and wheel Saturday.

I'm sure my dad would let us use the big shop at the farm with the lift (big enough for several rigs). Probably every year as long as we give him plenty of notice and cleanup after ourselves.

Give me your thoughts. If you're all interested I would like to do it this year on February 2,3. I know I can get the shop and that is a weekend Kevin is off.

Last edited by Thardy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out" Empty Re: Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out"

Post by dutchman Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Feb 2nd is no good for me, but don't reschedule it on my account.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out" Empty Re: Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out"

Post by Kevin Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:56 am

I think it's a great idea, Ty, and the 2nd works great for me. I really like the idea of breaking out the camp trailer and burning some meat, too, that makes the drive up there easier to stomach if I'm not driving back the same day.

I need a shop. Sad
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 am

Kevin wrote:I think it's a great idea, Ty, and the 2nd works great for me. I really like the idea of breaking out the camp trailer and burning some meat, too, that makes the drive up there easier to stomach if I'm not driving back the same day.

I need a shop. Sad

Kevin, I'm not so sure I like the sound of that. I prefer my meat more on the rare side!! Laughing

Brady, would you be able to make it up sometime Saturday? I think the next good day wouldn't be until the first weekend of March.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 am

I can probably make it up later on Saturday afternoon/evening and part of Sunday.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitruvius Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:51 am

I could come out Friday night and Saturday morning to help out. Probably don't need to camp seeing how close I would be. I am a novice wrencher, eager to learn.
Vitruvius
Vitruvius
PHOTO KING

http://5-degrees.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am

This sounds great to me!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:04 am

FYI, it will be in Brigham City not Santaquin.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitruvius Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 am

ummm, that ain't so close to me Smile. Maybe just Saturday morning then. I'll have to rethink this a little bit
Vitruvius
Vitruvius
PHOTO KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:10 am

Ahh come on, come pull an overnighter with us!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 am

Hey guys, I may be pushing this back a month. I've been researching some of the stuff I need and I'm not even close to having the parts I need to do this. Plus I need to get my axle down to my place and start rebuilding it, and cleaning it up. Does anyone have a problem moving this to March 1st and 2nd? If I do it in Feb, it will be the 1st and 2nd as well. I have Church responsibility on Sunday the 3rd. Let me know who could possibly make it then.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 am

I have the weekend of March 2nd off.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 am

Kevin wrote:I have the weekend of March 2nd off.

I know!! That's why I thought that weekend!! My wives birthday is Feb 15th so I knew that wouldn't work..
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 am

Thardy wrote:
Kevin wrote:I have the weekend of March 2nd off.

I know!! That's why I thought that weekend!! My wives birthday is Feb 15th so I knew that wouldn't work..

My wife is dragging me to St George on the 15th, and if she wasn't that's the weekend of the ExUt Newfies run.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:20 am

Man I would love to hit some of these ExUt runs but they seem to fall too close to holidays, and my loves to celebrate every little holiday.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:21 am

Looks like March 1st and 2nd might be the way to go. That gives me more time to find the junk I need.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:25 am

Thardy wrote:Looks like March 1st and 2nd might be the way to go. That gives me more time to find the junk I need.

I'm good for this!

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:34 am

Me too!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 am

So are we go for launch here? What's the plan, Ty?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 am

So here are my current plans. I am not going to be able to leave for Brigham city until around 4 on the first. I talked to my dad about the trailer and he said it is in the storage shed behind the boats. I am going to go up Friday evening and hopefully get the axle ready. If it's ready at a semi decent time which I doubt I will start pulling the ifs off.

I plan to get up bright and early and start pulling the rig apart Saturday morning. I would love as much help as I can get I just don't want you guys to have to make that drive twice. If you want to come Friday night great. If you want to come Saturday great. I will grill some homegrown Holstein burgers for dinner Friday and probably lunch Saturday.

Let me know who is in and for when.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 am

I am going to talk to my brother and see if he would be willing to get the trailer out but it's a long shot. Let me know who would be interested in an overnighter if he is willing to get it out for me.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 pm

I think a sleepover would be fun. If it's too big a hassle don't sweat it though, I'll just plan on getting up early Saturday. I'm there either way, though.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitruvius Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm

I would probably be able to come up Saturday morning. Right now its looking like an 80% chance I will come up. PM me your address if you want.
Vitruvius
Vitruvius
PHOTO KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:24 am

Awesome. I will call my bro and see if will will help me out. We have 2 trailers so hopefully one will be a little easier to get out. I would like to do the overnighter too. I will have my boys and I think they would love it.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 am

Vitruvius wrote:I would probably be able to come up Saturday morning. Right now its looking like an 80% chance I will come up. PM me your address if you want.

Do you want to ride up together? I could meet you at the park-n-ride at the AF main street exit.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next