Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I never wanna feel this feeling again.

5 posters

Go down

I never wanna feel this feeling again. Empty I never wanna feel this feeling again.

Post by Monsteryota Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Well at 4:00 am Friday the 13 my 1st gen Fred was stolen out of my drive way. Not the best way to be woke up. After the police which I might ad is a runner fan as well, took down info and seen pics of my truck they supposedly went looking for it. I drove around In the wife's 2nd gen looking for it. At 630 am I gave up hope of finding my truck. I was crushed. I took a wrong turn and remembered I had to hi the gas station before going to work. I spotted my truck on centennial by my house. I slammed on my brakes an flipped around to fallow my truck. He took my truck through the neborhoods at access of 50 mph almost rolled my truck. It went on for about 15 min before he hit the front of my wife's truck. I was able to spin him out and stopped my truck with the front of my wife's since it was damaged anyway. Dude jumped out and tryed to run. I fought him behind a house and gave him over to the police. I was so relived to have my truck back in one piece. Now I got to rebuild the front of my wife's truck and replace what they took out of Fred which was my CD player cb antenna with cable all my off road gear my wireless control box for my winch but left wiring and remote. They took my front off road lights and just small random stuff like my b&m shift knob a bottle of alive some lighters a broken I pod tsp and cords.
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

I never wanna feel this feeling again. Empty Re: I never wanna feel this feeling again.

Post by Ty Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:55 pm

Sorry to hear man. Glad you got the rig back in one piece.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

I never wanna feel this feeling again. Empty Re: I never wanna feel this feeling again.

Post by Monsteryota Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:57 pm

Thanks ty I'm very glad to have it back in one piece.
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:08 am

That's insane!! Glad you've got the rig back.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by HDL_CinC_Dragon Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Im so sorry to hear you had to go through that! I've actually been meaning to add custom anti-theft measures to my Runner for that same reason. I'm terrified it's going to get stolen... Im so glad to hear you got your rig back though!! You have way more control than I do. Handing him over to the police for me would require a transfer shovel and a squeegee mop...
HDL_CinC_Dragon
HDL_CinC_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsteryota Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 pm

It was very close to that hahaha I got a hold of him pretty good. Ya I'm build a custom alarm.
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by HDL_CinC_Dragon Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 pm

I start working again very soon and will have funds to play with again. I'm going to be making a coded ignition system that gets very very involved with the starter and ECU. Once I've got a working module going and stress test and bug test it I will definitely offer to build one for anyone who wants one for not a single penny more than what it costs to build it and ship it to you.

Thats been my fear for a long time and largely contributed to why I never wanted to take my top off. Don't want to make it too easy! I plan on building a carputer for it too with WiFi integration, GPS unit, and a few other modules im sure. I'll add scripts for custom automatic WiFi forced connections too if I decide not to give it GSM integration so it can report it's location to me every chance it gets in case it DOES get stolen... But yeah, glad to hear shes back Smile I'm sure you can't wait to get her all healed up again!
HDL_CinC_Dragon
HDL_CinC_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsteryota Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Luckily my only problems are a busted pass rear fender flair and a small dent in the bottom of the door. All the interior damage I have the parts for.
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 pm

I would have dropped a couple elbows on the asshat if it were me and then had him in handcuffs myself before my friends got there to help out. I love that you got some vigilante justice. I hope that guy gets what he deserves from karma....I've heard that she's a real bitch.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down