Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi lift storage

3 posters

Go down

Hi lift storage Empty Hi lift storage

Post by Brownfaux Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:20 am

Didn't like the idea of having my hi lift outside the car, nor the idea of loading that beeotch every time I went wheeling. So I welded this frame out of 1x1 square tubing. It mounts to the floor using some stock tie down locations. I removed the d rings and put my own bolts in. Soo the compressor will be off the floor and hanging from the left side of the frame. This is version 1.0, I always build crap twice cause I figure out what I like and what works. When I rebuild it will be just a hair shorter and a little further from the seats, plus I'll make a part of the frame run the length of the floor between the mounts. Maybe take out the plastic insert that has the angle to it. Works great though!

Comments, criticism, or thoughts welcome.

Yes, the jack flying loose in a rollover is a concern, but it's mounted in there pretty good.

Hi lift storage 93DBAB4E-AB20-40A7-9ACB-103133E9FF8B-1075-00000115778D43DE_zps4aa5eb20

Brownfaux

Back to top Go down

Hi lift storage Empty Re: Hi lift storage

Post by Kevin Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:51 am

I like it.  I fold my rear seats down fairly frequently, but if you don't that should work great.  Any thought of making the next version wrap completely around the cargo area?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:42 am

Creative, I like it!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownfaux Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:32 am

The seats can still fold down so you could put some stuff under it. Also, the passenger side of the frame can unbolt really quick and be removed. I don't think I'll have it go around the trunk, I wanted to make this to get stuff off the floor at a minimum loss of cargo space.

Brownfaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down