Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Lightbar/CB

2 posters

Go down

New Lightbar/CB Empty New Lightbar/CB

Post by snivilous Wed May 29, 2013 10:57 pm

So a few weeks ago I saw some guy post on toyota-4runner about some cheap lightbar he found and if it was any good. Well the reviews on amazon were good, so a few days ago I bought it.

Tuff LED 20" Lightbar and for $162!

It seems the average decent size lightbar is like $700 minimum, which is a total rip off for a bunch of LEDs that you can get for $12 in a portable shop light. So with that in mind, it seemed this price actually matched more of what you were paying for (though we'll see if it holds up).

My custom bumper is also beginning to wrap up, still needs some work though, and I thought it'd be sweet to just plop the lightbar on top!

New Lightbar/CB Image_zpsc2a33ea5

And 20" seems like a nice medium, I think 30" is pushing it and over that just looks kinda dumb since it's all long and skinny. And after I got it, 20" seems to compliment the bumper quite well I think.

New Lightbar/CB Image_zpsafdc5621

New Lightbar/CB Image_zps3d76843a

I was very surprised at the light output! I've never had (obviously) or seen a lightbar before, so I was shocked at how well it lit everything up! You can hardly tell, from my 5 minute test drive, that high beams are on.

New Lightbar/CB Image_zps20320912

Again, I'll see if it holds up but so far I'm super excited by it! I always figured a ton of money had to be put into offroad and aftermarket lights, but so far this thing proves that theory wrong.

And while I was at it, I installed a new CB I also bought into the ashtray. Nice to have a not-so-ancient CB and not have it just sitting in the rear foot tray. I also got a 4' Firestik antenna, but need to install that on the rear bumper. No more magnetic roof antenna falling off (and rusting out where it sits)!

Bad picture:

New Lightbar/CB Image_zps95a74156
snivilous
snivilous

Back to top Go down

New Lightbar/CB Empty Re: New Lightbar/CB

Post by Kevin Thu May 30, 2013 12:26 am

Looking good!
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snivilous Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Mounted two 30" light bars on my roof rack for sideways coverage: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/1427260-post6.html
snivilous
snivilous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum