Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrench Party Anyone?

3 posters

Go down

Wrench Party Anyone?  Empty Wrench Party Anyone?

Post by GottaBeTRD Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:51 pm

So first of all i know i've been slackin on meeting up with you guys, it makes me look like chump asking for help when i haven't contributed anything. As soon as school is done ill be more available during the summer. I can't wait to meet up with you guys!

BTW...
Lunch will be on me!

and sorry if i posted this in the wrong area. I coulda' sworn there was a thread specifically for things like this.

Anyway, So tell me if i'm crazy or not but I just ordered both CV's, I was going to order my Toytec coilovers today too but it looks like the boss ones might me sold out Sad So i may opt to get the cheaper ones now. I'm thinking I'll do the LBJ's while everything is taken apart too???

sooo... all this and, an alignment and maybe a little test run out in the sticks if anyone would be interested.

I'm off work next Saturday the 20th I'm hoping all my parts will come in by then if not then i'll postpone the day until it can all be done at once. What do you guys think?
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Wrench Party Anyone?  Empty Re: Wrench Party Anyone?

Post by Kevin Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:43 am

Next weekend is no good for me, but we definitely need to make Brady's ball joint party happen.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm out of town next weekend...Moab... Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:17 pm

thanks for movin this. it was right under my nose! Anyway no worries guys I don't even know if all my parts will come in on time. I'll keep my eye on here and see what else everyone has got too
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm so excited to get new parts but things have changed and the coilover plan ( basically i'm going big) i cant quite get myself to make big purchase yet cuase it's nasty! But my OCD is killing me so it's probably gonna happen real soon.

So here is a new update. I've got my brand new DTA CV axles. I'm looking in to buying my LBJ's. I was gonna get the NAPA premium brand but a couple of ya said go OEM. I still may go against that and get the NAPA brand because it seems that there are more OEM ones that fail than NAPA ones.

For the big purchase I'm gonna get the Icon extended travel 2.5 coilovers plus some new UCA's either Light-Racing or Camburg. My buddy has the Camburg on his taco and they look cool but from what i understand the salt is no beuno for the ball thingi's?

Anyway... I'm thinking on a time frame to get it done. What is a good part of the week that some of you closer guys are free? I'll just get a day off for work and knock this all out.
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 am

I don't have any personal experience, but I have heard that salty roads eat Camburgs for breakfast, plus you don't have any adjustment for caster or camber and the uniball squeaks like a mouse getting hit with a hammer. If Nicole ever wants her '99 higher I'm going to look into Light Racing arms.

Where'd you get your CVs now? Who is DTA? Are they better than CVJ?

I'm tied up this weekend with the footrace in Wendover and wedding anniversary duties, I'm afraid I'm no help, sorry. Sad
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:05 pm

no worries. There may be a slight delay on this anyway. I'm trying to be good and not rack up too much debt for this stuff. So as for now I'm saving up a little extra cash to get the coilovers i want.

I bought the DTA CV's from amazon. I got both for around $130 shipped to my door. They have a one year warranty so hopefully they're good!

You mentioning the squeaking; I think remember my friend having some squeaking issues after he installed those Camburgs. it was annoying. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna get the LR instead. thanks for the info.
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 pm

the day is nigh!  My coilovers were shipped yesterday, my UCA's were shipped today,   I just gotta get paid now so i can get my LBJ and maybe some inner and outer tire rods.  it will be a fun day for sure!
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:37 pm

so Ben and I are going to shoot for next tuesday the 25th for all of this!  It's a week day and im pretty sure a lot of you are working but if not,  come on down and lets have some fun!
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:26 am

That's the day I go back to work, sorry.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaBeTRD Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:35 am

no worries man.  we actually just changed it to this Tomorrow after the run up AF canyon.
GottaBeTRD
GottaBeTRD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:05 pm

What run up AFC?  Who is going, what trails?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down