Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rob's '86 4Runner -RETIRED-

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rob's '86 4Runner -RETIRED- - Page 2 Empty Re: Rob's '86 4Runner -RETIRED-

Post by HDL_CinC_Dragon Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 pm

Hey guys. Sorry it's been a long time since I've checked in. A lot has been going on lately. It's finally come to that point in time where I need to retire my 4Runner. I can't keep up on her maintenance anymore even just for DD purposes let alone off-roading... My back injuries are preventing me from being able to crawl around on the ground and get up and down like I used to to the point where working on her isn't even fun anymore due to the pain. The decision to retire her is one of the more painful ones I've had to make...

I'm going to be parting her out using the few parts that are still in decent enough shape. I figured I'd post in here first to let you guys get first dibs on anything you may want/need. I'll be making a separate post in a day or two regarding any claims on parts and a price on anything I can think of off the top of my head that may be desired.

Her replacement? A 2008 Tacoma with all the TRD/SR5/FancyPantsElectronicsAndCrap/BlackMagic/SensitiveKidsTheseDays packages. She's a good base to start off with making a new desert ready rig... She certainly has some big shoes to fill...
HDL_CinC_Dragon
HDL_CinC_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:41 am

That's a drag. Congrats on the Tacoma though, let's see some pics.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HDL_CinC_Dragon Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Here's a picture of her! (Click for the full sized image)
Rob's '86 4Runner -RETIRED- - Page 2 Zt6xErs

She needs a looooooot work to be off road ready...
4"-6" lift, 35" tires on rims that aren't so fancy and pretty, fender flares that involve cutting away at the current ones for more wheel well room, gearing her down a bit, etc, etc.
HDL_CinC_Dragon
HDL_CinC_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2