Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out"

+2
dutchman
Ty
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out" - Page 2 Empty Re: Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out"

Post by Vitruvius Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 am

I am down with car pooling.
Vitruvius
Vitruvius
PHOTO KING

http://5-degrees.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out" - Page 2 Empty Re: Yearly "Winter Overnight Wrench Out"

Post by smkd13 Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 am

I wish I could make it but I will be up in Idaho that weekend Sad
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 am

So as the weekend moves closer, I have a trailer lined up to haul the beast up. Here is the only problem. Friday when I get up there I will not be able to start working on the axle. I took my truck in to get aligned yesterday and found out that my idler arm is about shot. Where it is my DD I will have to get that fixed first. If I get it done early enough I will start working on the axle. Otherwise we will probably split up Saturday and some of us attack the axle and the others attack the IFS. I may need to spend a little time wrapping up the truck Saturday. It just depends on WARRANTY. I replaced the Idler arm last Jan. My dad got an arm with a 1 year warranty. Napa said they will work with us but wee will see.

Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 am

Chris your bringing your camera RIGHT?!!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:15 am

What time do you think we'll start on Saturday?

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 am

Really whenever people arrive.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:27 am

We're planning on cleaning and prepping the axle, removing the IFS and cleaning the frame, and putting the new axle in all in one day? That's a lot of work.

I'll try and be there by 8. Maybe earlier, depending on what time Ty is planning on rolling out of bed.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 am

I want it on the road before anyone goes home. Twisted Evil

Really my plan is to stay pulling the ifs off and prepped. I'm not super worried about the axle because I can take it home and work on it there. I just want to make some progress.

Kevin you forget I work graveyard I can morph my weekend schedule how ever I need. If you want to stay at 8 that's fine but really whenever you guys want to be there.

Let me know who will be there and I will pm you the address.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 am

I'm out for Saturday - I have 2 items that came up that I have to attend.

Last edited by clfrnacwby on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am

Oh great, we just lost the one guy that's done an SAS before. Laughing

Ty, I can be there as early as you want me to be there. Is the shop heated?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:24 am

We've got a propane heater that does a good job.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitruvius Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:24 pm

I am still planning on coming up, I do need the address. I guess I will be riding solo cause my wing man dropped out. I can meet someone in SLC if they want to car pool. I will bring my camera, that's given.
Vitruvius
Vitruvius
PHOTO KING

http://5-degrees.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 am

Ty, PM me the address of the shop please.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:20 am

He hasn't sent it to me either. I think he's afraid we'll fix his truck and he'll have to come wheeling.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:05 pm

Kevin wrote:He hasn't sent it to me either. I think he's afraid we'll fix his truck and he'll have to come wheeling.

That's not a completely unreasonable train of thought...

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:41 pm

How long do you think y'all will be working? My wife put off a traffic school class and the only available class is Saturday morning from 8-12. If you guys are still working in the afternoon I'll come by!

Edit: This is pending... My sister-in-law might be up to watch the kid, so there is a good, good chance I'll be able to make it.

Last edited by dutchman on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 am

Sorry guys. Work has been CRAZY and I haven't checked this thread. I will send that address out right now.

Brady I think we will try to work til around 4:00ish. That would give me time to clean up before heading home.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 am

Got that address sent to Kevin, Brady, and Chris.

Let me know if anyone else wants to come and I will get the address to you.

My dad SHOULD have all the tools we need but you never know. If anyone has an angle grinder they want to bring that would be great. He has one but it might be nice to have a couple going at the same time.

I will thaw some nice fresh Holstien Hamburgers and we can grill them for lunch. I will grab some Sodas just let me know what you drink. Not so sure my dad would appreciate alcohol in his shop so we should probably avoid that.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:07 am

Diet Mtn Dew for me. I'll bring a grinder and some wheels.

I'll leave Magna around 7. Are you going to have your boys up there, or should I leave Ian home?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 am

Kevin wrote:I'll leave Magna around 7. Are you going to have your boys up there, or should I leave Ian home?

I will have the boys. If you leave Magna around 7 that puts you in BC around 8 right? I will try to have the heater running before then!!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 am

Looks like its going to be a great day for WRENCHING. The KSL app on my phone is showing a high of 49 for Saturday, which means MUD. I H8 MUD!!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Thardy wrote:Got that address sent to Kevin, Brady, and Chris.

Let me know if anyone else wants to come and I will get the address to you.

My dad SHOULD have all the tools we need but you never know. If anyone has an angle grinder they want to bring that would be great. He has one but it might be nice to have a couple going at the same time.

I will thaw some nice fresh Holstien Hamburgers and we can grill them for lunch. I will grab some Sodas just let me know what you drink. Not so sure my dad would appreciate alcohol in his shop so we should probably avoid that.

Pepsi, since you're taking requests. I'll try and get my hands on an angle grinder here at work and bring it up.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:46 pm

There's a stunning lack of progress reports.

I am disappoint.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 am

Sorry for the lack of updates. I will give you a full update probably tomorrow night in my build thread.

It was a great day. Brady and Chris were awesome help. We got the front stripped down of everything that bolts. Next time we will see more torch action.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2