Vitruvius - Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vitruvius - Introduction

Post by Vitruvius on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey everyone, pretty excited to join this forum. I have been a member on t4r.org for about a year, i joined up about a year ago when i bought my first 4runner. Over on t4r.org my profile name is 'huntsman' (my last name).
Anyway, i have a black '99 runner with about 110,000 miles, it's a 'highlander' edition. rear locker, hood scoop. Its still pretty stock, but thats why i am excited to be joining a local forum of 4runner owners, just found this site today.

I would like to start a rig thread, but honestly i haven't done too much yet - it would be more of a list of things i would like to do. I mean, how exciting would a build thread be explaining how i took my running boards off and replaced a relay switch with a jumper wire for full-time power on my cig lighters? Smile

Alright, gotta help my wife put the boys to bed. Let me know if you guys do any meets or runs, i am always down to help out or cruise up a mountain trail.

looking forward to getting to know everyone in the forum.

PS . i think i did a run up AF canyon with two guys that might be in this forum.

Quick disclaimer - I am writing this from my iPad, so please forgive any funny\funky formatting, etc.
Vitruvius
PHOTO KING

http://5-degrees.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Vitruvius - Introduction

Post by Kevin on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:34 am

Hi Vitruvious, good to see you here. I'm KidV on T4R.org.

A couple of us have down rigs right now and there haven't been a bunch of run plans lately, but stay tuned and we should get something going inside of a month. It'll be good to meet you on the trail.

Kevin
Badmin

http://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:14 am

Welcome to the site!! Like Kevin said a few of us are down, but hopefully we'll be running soon. I am by far the farthest out. I'm in the beginning stages of an SAS on my 96.

I know there have been a few wrenching parties and will for sure be a few more coming up. We would love to have you along!

Defiantly get a build thread going. It's easier to start one now when you are in the early stages of your build. Rather than trying to play catch up. Besides we could potentially be a lot of help in deciding which direction to go. Also feel free to chime in on our projects.

Make yourself at home here. If you have ideas for runs lets hear them. If you have questions lets Hear em! If you have answers give it to us.

Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:27 am

Welcome!! I was one of the guys you made that AF canyon run with a while back. Glad you found the site!! Let's build your rig!

Ty wrote:The rear end is super easy  I could do it my self while some others do the front end.
dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitruvius on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. Pretty stoked to really start doing some moding on my runner. I have a list of mods that i have been wanting to do, i think i am going to start doing some relatively simple ones next week. I will take your suggestions and critics anytime you offer them.

As was suggested I will start a build thread, for now it will probably be a list of mods i want to do - so if you see anything on my future mod list and have any advice or experience i would love to hear about it.

I guess since i started this thread i can still continue it with more of a formal introduction about who i am and what i like to do. Btw - my real name isn't Vitruvius - even though the name is sweet. My first name is Chris - you can call me chris or Vit in the forums.

I recently graduated from the U with a masters of architecture degree. I work for an architectural firm in PG, been working there for over 8 years. I love designing building and conceptual drawings/illustrations.
I am a pro at 3d modeling, photoshopping, and other Adobe & CAD work, sooo if you ever need ideas drawn on paper or just want to mess around with modeling parts for your rigs, please don't hesitate to ask. This might seem altruistic to you guys but i have ulterior motives to help you guys out, for one, I get to access to your guys wealth of knowledge and secondly, whenever something goes to fabrication we can just make two (or four in the case of rock sliders Smile ) I love designing stuff and seeing it come to life.

Some of my main hobbies, and the main reasons i have a runner are: I love the outdoors. I go camping at least once a month with my boys. I try constantly to get out and fly fish, mountain bike (corner canyon has some great local trails), and boulder. If any of you have any of these similar hobbies, i am always looking at excuses to get out and do them.

anyway, l will start up my own thread soon under the club rig section and start from the beginning on moding my T4R.
Vitruvius
PHOTO KING

http://5-degrees.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sixstringsteve on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Welcome. Don't be afraid to start a build thread. It's a great place to document all of the things you're working on. Plus it's a great way to stay motivated.

I enjoy fly fishing, but I'm afraid of taking the fish off the hook. Embarassed

I also mountain bike quite a bit, and I get out camping several times a month.
sixstringsteve
Tech Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum