Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposed Swell trip.

4 posters

Go down

Proposed Swell trip. Empty Proposed Swell trip.

Post by Kevin Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:08 am

I got a letter in the mail asking for fees and sales tax, so titleage may be imminent. It's time to start thinking seriously about how I want to break her in, and I believe I've settled on a trip into the Swell.

Everything is rough at this point, but I'm thinking on heading down on a Friday afternoon/evening and setting up camp somewhere in Buckmaster Wash or thereabouts, then driving Black Dragon to Jackass Benches Saturday morning. Then I'd hop the freeway to catch Eagle Canyon north, camping Saturday night somewhere in Coal Wash, and then trend north Sunday on dirt until time or fuel forces me back to the highway. That will leave plenty of time for lazy mornings and breaks from driving to hike or check out rock art/archeology/cool stuff (or take rockin' photos of our trucks Smile ). There won't be anything on that route too burly for a stock rig except maybe one section of Black Dragon, and it should be easy enough to turn around and skip that section if it's too hairy.

I have no dates on this yet - being in a new rig, I would not be averse to some company so I'm flexible on that. Post up if you're down and what dates work for you... I have every other weekend off, so I'd be looking at Nov 24th/25th, Dec 7th/8th, etc.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Proposed Swell trip. Empty Re: Proposed Swell trip.

Post by Andrew Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:27 am

Dec. 7-9 works best for me. Looks like it'll be a break-in run for the Tundra too!
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by sixstringsteve Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 am

I might be interested. I've done Jackass Benches before. Lots of rough driving. If you end up going out there, I recommend the 2 mile hike to swasey's leap. You'll have to do some scrambling to get to the actual leap, but it's worth it.

Eagle Canyon is absolutely my favorite trail down there. i'd like to try black dragon, I've never been there before.
sixstringsteve
sixstringsteve
Tech Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 am

In terms of how fun the drive was, Eagle Canyon/Devils Racetrack is my favoritest trail ever so far. I really want to do Fixit Pass to Devils Racetrack backwards later this summer.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by sixstringsteve Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:22 am

We have got to go to moab, you'll be blown away.
sixstringsteve
sixstringsteve
Tech Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:23 am

sixstringsteve wrote:We have got to go to moab, you'll be blown away.

February, right?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:13 pm

I don't think I could pull an over night this close to Thanksgiving in Moab and Christmas. But how far is it to drive down Saturday morning then hitting the freeway home rather than Eagle Canyon? I would like to go just can't pull off the whole trip.
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Thardy wrote:I don't think I could pull an over night this close to Thanksgiving in Moab and Christmas. But how far is it to drive down Saturday morning then hitting the freeway home rather than Eagle Canyon? I would like to go just can't pull off the whole trip.

3 hours to Black Dragon from Salt Lake. Less for you. You could meet us early, follow us up Eagle Canyon and then I think you could keep going up Coal Wash and find pavement before it got too late. Lemme play with some maps.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by sixstringsteve Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 am

I can go if you choose Dec 7-8th. I'm not to thrilled about doing Jackass Benches again, but I might be able to be talked into it. I'd like to hike down to swasey's leap, but it'd be pretty sketchy in the snow.
sixstringsteve
sixstringsteve
Tech Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 am

sixstringsteve wrote:I can go if you choose Dec 7-8th. I'm not to thrilled about doing Jackass Benches again, but I might be able to be talked into it. I'd like to hike down to swasey's leap, but it'd be pretty sketchy in the snow.

I think it's jackass or do BD as an in and out. I wouldn't object to that if Jackass is that lame.

Still researching, though
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:53 am

This is definitely not going to happen this weekend.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down