Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition

3 posters

Go down

New Member - 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition Empty New Member - 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition

Post by barts4runner Tue May 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Hello All,
New member in the Ogden area. Picked up this 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition Sunfire Red Pearl color with 188,000 miles on it for my sons daily driver several months ago. 4Runner was in decent good shape and had a pretty good
Since getting the 4Runner we have been doing a bit of maintenance items as well as a few upgrades. We reset the EFI, cleaned the MAF, cleaned out the engine bay, changed all the fluids in the front and rear axles as well as the transfer case.
As far as upgrades we changed out the saggy rear springs for new 99 tall springs and changed the rear shocks to new Bilsteins.
We plan on replacing the front struts and springs in the near future as well as other maintenance items that are needed.
Its been a great learning tool for my son to learn how to fix and work on vehicles.
Hope to maybe get out to some of the future trips and meet some of the members.

As my son says "The hood scoop gets the chicks"

barts4runner

Back to top Go down

New Member - 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition Empty Re: New Member - 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition

Post by the walrus Tue May 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Sounds cool, post up some pics.

Also feel free to come along this Saturday if you feel like making the drive down.

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com/t639-may-20th-morning-trail-run-israel-canyon-to-little-moab

Justin

the walrus

Back to top Go down

New Member - 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition Empty Re: New Member - 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition

Post by barts4runner Tue May 16, 2017 11:03 pm

New Member - 2002 4Runner SR5 Sports Edition 4runne11

barts4runner

Back to top Go down

Post by barts4runner Tue May 16, 2017 11:11 pm

the walrus wrote:Sounds cool, post up some pics.

Also feel free to come along this Saturday if you feel like making the drive down.

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com/t639-may-20th-morning-trail-run-israel-canyon-to-little-moab

Justin

Thanks for the invite. Will try to fit that in our schedule.
What is the difficulty of the trail? This will be my sons first off road adventure at the wheel so I am trying to break him in slowly. Don't want to put him in to many difficult situations if possible.

barts4runner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 am

Good looking truck. Welcome to the forum, hope to see you on some trails with us.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the walrus Wed May 17, 2017 7:26 am

barts4runner wrote:
Thanks for the invite. Will try to fit that in our schedule.
What is the difficulty of the trail? This will be my sons first off road adventure at the wheel so I am trying to break him in slowly. Don't want to put him in to many difficult situations if possible.

Mostly just dirt roads with a few areas that require 4WD. Not difficult at all. Then at Little Moab you can go as easy or difficult as you like.

Justin

the walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down