Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Trip

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

July Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: July Trip

Post by Kevin Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:21 am

dutchman wrote:Looks like BFF from Idaho won't be making it. What about Whitney Reservoir, Kevin? It's just east of Smith and Morehouse. Might be more secluded.

Whitney is physically a little bit northeast of S&M, but I'm not at all sure about access between the two.  There's a forest service road coming southwest off of Whitney towards Moffit Pass, but the connection between Weber Canyon Road and FR 135 looks tenuous at best.  It crosses private property and is likely to be gated.  The other access to Whitney is off 150 at Gold Hill.  It's a pleasant enough area, but Josh is right about the crowds.  We've got a little spot on the SE corner we've camped at a couple times that is normally pretty quiet.  If you guys were really opposed to the Stateline area, I'd settle for Whitney.  All I know is I just bought a little motor for my dingy and I want to find some water.

What about Murdoch Basin?  Smaller lakes, but I actually used 4WD last time I went in there, and the bumpy road keeps the crowds out. 40.661288, -110.883336 ish.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:30 am

Murdoch Basin works for me. I assume you'll get out there before us, should I plan on those coordinates?

Let's do a Stateline trip August or September.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:35 am

I'd like to fish Echo Lake, here: 40.661157, -110.894355.  That's where I'll head if I go in first, if I can't find a good spot for the group there I'll put up signs or something.

Bring Deet. We were at Pyramid Lake over the 4th and the mosquitos were thick.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:49 am

Sounds good.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:45 pm

I need to know how big a site to grab. Josh, did you say you're coming out Friday? Brady, how many are you?

I think we're going to camp Friday and Saturday night.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:18 pm

We'll be there Friday and Saturday nights. Count me in for 2 vehicles and 2 tents.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by TRD270 Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:37 pm

As of right now i'm told I have plans, if something changes i'll try to let you know before then. I have your gps so I can find you and I don't take up much room in my little tent.

Good new sort of, while my days off still suck they didn't change so fridays will still be an option for me. I thought I was going to get bumped to tue-thur again
TRD270
TRD270

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2