Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AF Canyon

3 posters

Go down

AF Canyon Empty AF Canyon

Post by Andrew Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:47 am

Took the family up AF Canyon yesterday.  People EVERYWHERE.  I couldn't tell the difference between side-by-sides and ants.  Major traffic jam where the road narrows right before Dutchman's Flat.  Idiots didn't know how to wait for me since I was halfway up the road and just about pushed me off the cliff.  Ultimately I had to back down the road (We're in the truck...not the RZR).  Pissed me off.

Passed a group of Jeeps/side-by-sides with mud all over them.  I asked where they had been...Forest Lake.  I asked if they actually made it to the "lake" and they said yes.  I asked if anyone got stuck in the lake while driving through it (I figured it was a safe assumption).  They laughed and said no.  I then said I would be reporting them to the Forest Service.  The drove off like bats out of hell.  Pissed me off.

We drove all the way up to the base of Mineral Basin.  Finally, my pissed-offedness started to fade away.  I love how beautiful it is up there.  Temps were at least 10º cooler than in the valley.  Not an ounce of snow, except up at 10,000+...north facing.  Driving back down the canyon, roads are dry and dusty already.  Ran into another traffic jam at the same location as above.  Motorcycles didn't wait for me to pull over so they could pass...they just saw a small window and zipped past.  Pissed me off.

Last edited by Andrew on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

AF Canyon Empty Re: AF Canyon

Post by Kevin Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:21 am

This is why I'm not as outraged as I should be about the Snowbird shit. That canyon is already next to ruined.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRD270 Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:16 am

I love AF, glad I got lots of time in it a decade ago. I avoid that place like the plague now on the weekend
TRD270
TRD270

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down