DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by Devin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:15 am

Has anyone done this by chance? I have tried searching on here and T4R but haven't found any luck with actually finding a thread on someone that has done it. Just wondering how easy/hard it is to modify the stock one to make it adjustable.
avatar
Devin
Member

Posts : 120
Join date : 2013-08-13
Age : 28
Location : Lehi

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by dutchman on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:53 am

How high are you lifting the rear? I was about 3" of lift on my 3rd gen, never did anything with the panhard bar. Not entirely sure it's necessary to adjust it.

_________________
Black Betty: 1997 4runner
Chief: 2006 F-150 that's too pretty to scratch
Gerty: 1999 M3, makes me think I'm the Stig


Ty wrote:The rear end is super easy  I could do it my self while some others do the front end.
avatar
dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Posts : 1671
Join date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by Devin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 am

Well we got the panhard back on but it was really a pain to get back on due to the lift. So I was just looking into was all really for now... but it went up about 3" I believe... probably less when it settles. But as long as it is linked up its ok correct?
avatar
Devin
Member

Posts : 120
Join date : 2013-08-13
Age : 28
Location : Lehi

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by dutchman on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:17 am

Yeah I think as long as it connected your good. Your axle may sit slightly off center, I never noticed mine being off center or acting weird. This is one of those things where some people think it's necessary and some people don't bother with it. There are several arguments on T4R.org about the panhard bar and adjusting it.

_________________
Black Betty: 1997 4runner
Chief: 2006 F-150 that's too pretty to scratch
Gerty: 1999 M3, makes me think I'm the Stig


Ty wrote:The rear end is super easy  I could do it my self while some others do the front end.
avatar
dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Posts : 1671
Join date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by Devin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:18 am

The rear end ride just feels weird is all... that's the only reason I question it... but everything was aligned when I did the alignment afterwards... so I don't think that it really would effect anything but oh well lol
avatar
Devin
Member

Posts : 120
Join date : 2013-08-13
Age : 28
Location : Lehi

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by Kevin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:06 pm

The big thing I've noticed with the panhard bar is that some guys end up with their driveshaft getting in fights with the gas tank skid. If that's not happening to you and you don't mind the visual offset, don't worry about it.

_________________
The Gray Bastard - 1985 4Runner, driveway ornament
Burly The Big Black Bro-verlander - 2001 F150 Supercrew, family hauler and gas gobbler
Anklebiter - 2011 Fuji Outland 29er 3.0, 1wd knobbytired lungburner
avatar
Kevin
Badmin

Posts : 3342
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Stinkwater

http://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by Devin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:08 pm

yeah not that I have noticed yet... hopefully I wont find that issue happening... but I guess we will see what happens soon enough if it does lol
avatar
Devin
Member

Posts : 120
Join date : 2013-08-13
Age : 28
Location : Lehi

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by dutchman on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:50 pm

Kevin wrote:The big thing I've noticed with the panhard bar is that some guys end up with their driveshaft getting in fights with the gas tank skid.  If that's not happening to you and you don't mind the visual offset, don't worry about it.

I never had that fight, so I just left my alone.

_________________
Black Betty: 1997 4runner
Chief: 2006 F-150 that's too pretty to scratch
Gerty: 1999 M3, makes me think I'm the Stig


Ty wrote:The rear end is super easy  I could do it my self while some others do the front end.
avatar
dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Posts : 1671
Join date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by offroad_medic on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Mine rides slightly different and i can see it off a little but I'm still on the stock Panhard bar with about 4" in the rear. I'm planning on an extended one though. I just need to get money to pay ty
avatar
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Posts : 912
Join date : 2013-02-28
Age : 29
Location : Layton

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by Devin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:19 pm

offroad_medic wrote:Mine rides slightly different and i can see it off a little but I'm still on the stock Panhard bar with about 4" in the rear. I'm planning on an extended one though. I just need to get money to pay ty

Does Ty make the extended panhard bar then?
avatar
Devin
Member

Posts : 120
Join date : 2013-08-13
Age : 28
Location : Lehi

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by Ty on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:58 am

Devin wrote:
offroad_medic wrote:Mine rides slightly different and i can see it off a little but I'm still on the stock Panhard bar with about 4" in the rear. I'm planning on an extended one though. I just need to get money to pay ty

Does Ty make the extended panhard bar then?

I don't know how I missed this. I can help you extend yours if you would like It's not that hard. I did mine, but like Brad, I had about 4" in the rear.

_________________
FARM TOY BUILD THREADS
"All that us 3rd gen owners have is our rear window. I guess we could wheel with them down and call it "plumber's crack"."
BigFishAllDay
avatar
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Posts : 1786
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 37
Location : Santaquin

Back to top Go down

Re: DIY Adjustable Panhard Bar

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum