Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm entertaining perilous thoughts.

4 posters

Go down

I'm entertaining perilous thoughts. Empty I'm entertaining perilous thoughts.

Post by Kevin Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:07 pm

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?104351-FS-Feeler-1994-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FZJ80

Not to replace the Bastard, but to be my commuter and a weekend beater while the '85 is down for upgrades.  Assuming he brings it out here to sell I'm thinking of offering $3000, plus or minus depending on mechanicals and such.  What do you guys think, is that too much for a thrashed 80 with 175k?
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I'm entertaining perilous thoughts. Empty Re: I'm entertaining perilous thoughts.

Post by Andrew Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:33 pm

If the lockers are both fully functional and it seems to run straight down the highway, for sure! I would start negotiations @ $2500 and pay $3k max.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

I'm entertaining perilous thoughts. Empty Re: I'm entertaining perilous thoughts.

Post by dutchman Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 pm

I don't think that would be too much, not sure I'd go any higher though. But like Andrew said if the locker function and it drives straight make an offer! It'll probably relieve some of the stress I assume you've accumulated trying to get the Bastard running.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:23 pm

If it runs and drives and lockers/axles are good, do wheel that and then since you're an experienced engine swapper/ electrician now, take time over the winter and throw the 80 axles under the bastard as well as the V8.  Shocked Twisted Evil Very Happy 
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:25 pm

offroad_medic wrote:If it runs and drives and lockers/axles are good, do wheel that and then since you're an experienced engine swapper/ electrician now, take time over the winter and throw the 80 axles under the bastard as well as the V8.  Shocked Twisted Evil Very Happy 

Straight 6 under the hood of the 80 series IIRC.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm

dutchman wrote:
offroad_medic wrote:If it runs and drives and lockers/axles are good, do wheel that and then since you're an experienced engine swapper/ electrician now, take time over the winter and throw the 80 axles under the bastard as well as the V8.  Shocked Twisted Evil Very Happy 

Straight 6 under the hood of the 80 series IIRC.

Touché. I was thinking of the sequoia motor. You win

Although the straight six would be pretty sweet if you could somehow get it to fit in A first gen engine bay
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:29 pm

I'd take the Sequoia/tundra v8 (2uz) in my rig.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:18 am

Not just any straight six, the 1fz is 4.5 liters of cast iron.  Assuming I could make it fit, it's still too heavy for my truck.  I have entertained the idea of driving it into the ground and then stealing the axles though.  Twisted Evil
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down