Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for a power steering pump for my new 4runner

4 posters

Go down

looking for a power steering pump for my new 4runner Empty looking for a power steering pump for my new 4runner

Post by crawler dude12 Wed May 07, 2014 3:15 pm

hey all, i just bought my first vehicle and need a power steering pump. It's an 88 toyota 4runner with the 3.0L v6. if you have one please text me at (801)624-6761. THANKS!!

crawler dude12

Back to top Go down

looking for a power steering pump for my new 4runner Empty Re: looking for a power steering pump for my new 4runner

Post by Kevin Thu May 08, 2014 1:56 am

If you're not able to find anybody with one, I guarantee you'll find one at the Pull-n-Save in Magna.  They've always got several 3.0 trucks and 4Runners in the yard.

Welcome to the board. Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

looking for a power steering pump for my new 4runner Empty Re: looking for a power steering pump for my new 4runner

Post by crawler dude12 Thu May 08, 2014 6:09 pm

THANKS!!! I bought it with the owner saying the pump is "bad" and i looked at it and it had no fluid... so i went out and bought some and whalla it works!!!! now i just have to wait and see if there are any leaks anywhere.

crawler dude12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu May 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Good deal, I hope it stays working! Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu May 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Much cheaper than buying a new one if that one will work!
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by crawler dude12 Thu May 08, 2014 8:56 pm

in an 88, where should i check for leaks in the power steering?

crawler dude12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu May 08, 2014 10:10 pm

crawler dude12 wrote:in an 88, where should i check for leaks in the power steering?

You obviously know where the pump and reservoir are - check the seals on the pump, and then follow the hoses down to the frame rail where the steering box is and look on those connections to.  Odds are, if it's leaking, it's going to be seals on the pump or somewhere on the high pressure fluid line that runs between the pump and the steering box.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monsteryota Sun May 11, 2014 4:26 am

The seal on the shaft goes bad as well as the box seals
Monsteryota
Monsteryota

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down