Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bountiful trails

5 posters

Go down

Bountiful trails Empty Bountiful trails

Post by offroad_medic Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 am

So I mentioned this briefly in the intro section, but my work partner knows the mountains in Davis county extremely well and claims there are some crazy trails that we could do if we know where to go. He's willing to play tour guide if I want him to. This is just kind of a feeler to see who may be interested in playing up here and hopefully finding something fun.
Anybody interested? He claims a stock runner won't make it through them FYI
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Bountiful trails Empty Re: Bountiful trails

Post by dutchman Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 am

I'm in.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue May 06, 2014 7:48 am

Is he talking about the trails above the B, or is this some unknown super-secretness that isn't technically open and will get us fined by the FS?

If he's talking about Old Ward, he's got a much different idea of what a stock 4Runner can do than we do Smile.  I wouldn't hesitate to take a stock truck up Old Ward.  It's got some rocky spots and a couple offcamber pants-poopers, but nothing crazy.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Tue May 06, 2014 7:53 am

Kevin wrote:Is he talking about the trails above the B, or is this some unknown super-secretness that isn't technically open and will get us fined by the FS?

If he's talking about Old Ward, he's got a much different idea of what a stock 4Runner can do than we do Smile.  I wouldn't hesitate to take a stock truck up Old Ward.  It's got some rocky spots and a couple offcamber pants-poopers, but nothing crazy.
Not sure exactly where. He said something about second meadows above the B and then other places that are super rocky allegedly. He says he won't go up in a truck but will just drive his 4 wheeler up with us
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Tue May 06, 2014 7:55 am

Oh and no worries about the FS. He knows all the areas we can and can't be up there, and most of the rangers anyway since we work with them a lot in the summer.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue May 06, 2014 8:02 am

offroad_medic wrote:
Kevin wrote:Is he talking about the trails above the B, or is this some unknown super-secretness that isn't technically open and will get us fined by the FS?

Not sure exactly where. He said something about second meadows above the B and then other places that are super rocky allegedly. He says he won't go up in a truck but will just drive his 4 wheeler up with us

He's talking about Old Ward I'll bet.  We should take your truck up before you lift it, just to blow his socks off.   Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by thearkmaster Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 am

I'm definitely down depending on the date.
thearkmaster
thearkmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Fri May 09, 2014 1:09 am

I wouldn't mind doing something different, but you know me I will probably flake anyway!!!
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri May 09, 2014 10:11 am

Ty wrote:I wouldn't mind doing something different, but you know me I will probably flake anyway!!!

Not if I kidnap you.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Fri May 09, 2014 10:21 am

Kevin wrote:
Ty wrote:I wouldn't mind doing something different, but you know me I will probably flake anyway!!!

Not if I kidnap you.

Sounds reasonable enough to me. Get your motor swap done though so you can make it down there to kidnap him.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri May 09, 2014 11:17 am

Running the new harness in right now. Then I finish the exhaust. Then I wait for Mike. Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down