Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lift Recommendations

+5
offroad_medic
Andrew
Ty
Kevin
Devin
9 posters

Go down

Lift Recommendations Empty Lift Recommendations

Post by Devin Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:35 am

So im looking into going with a 3 inch lift hopefully soon one of these days... but not really sure what would be best as far as durability and reliability with also a low cost cause school and a family tend to take my money Smile lol but what is everyone else running? and post a pic of your rig with the lift... also if you have any input as to what lifts i should look into
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Lift Recommendations Empty Re: Lift Recommendations

Post by Kevin Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:02 am

OME.  No question in my mind, go with OME.  You'll get about two and a half inches and the ride is great on pavement and off.  Toytec and Icon have more specialized lifts that might perform better in specific situations, but for a daily driver that sees dirt I don't think you can do better than the OME coils and shocks.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 am

LC coils on the rear with top plate spacers, if you want to go cheap.  I ran it on mine for a couple years and had no problem with it.  Just like any lift it does make your front end a little stiffer but not to bad.

Like Kevin said you can go OME but you will pay a little/lot more. Definitely a better ride though. I would do the spacers again if I was in the position.

Still on 265/75r16s

Lift Recommendations <a href=Lift Recommendations Img_2010" />

In Moab with 285/75r16s

Lift Recommendations <a href=Lift Recommendations Ai_g1510" />
Ty
Ty
Social Media Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 am

OME, all the way! We can hook you up with Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters and he can get everything ordered for you.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:18 am

Just to even the odds, I'm planning on going the way Tyson did. I have LC 8 wrap coils ready to go on and I'm planning on doing Bilstien rear shocks. Up front will be coilovers once I get money.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Devin Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 am

haha yeah i know kurt actually through my father in law... he is big into cruisers he has a 55 and is building a 40 currently... but yeah i was thinking with going with OME just trying to figure out exactly what to go with first while im still saving for it...  but also if anyone is looking at lights or other stuff for offroading check out ironmoose4x4.com   thats my in laws company
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devin Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:33 am

so basically OME with top spacers? shocks as well? or just the coils?
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:43 am

wikki wrote:haha yeah i know kurt actually through my father in law... he is big into cruisers he has a 55 and is building a 40 currently... but yeah i was thinking with going with OME just trying to figure out exactly what to go with first while im still saving for it...  but also if anyone is looking at lights or other stuff for offroading check out ironmoose4x4.com   thats my in laws company
Your FIL owns Iron Moose?  That's awesome, I've seen his 55 around and love it.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devin Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 am

haha yeah he does... so if you guys need anything same day from him let me know and i could see if he has it in stock and i could pick it up and meet ya possibly... but hes also got a jeep that pretty much went all out on its pretty nuts everything thats been done to the jeep... but yeah basically the 40 he has right now is just a frame on wheels and has the block sitting in it haha...
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by thearkmaster Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:16 pm

I don't have anything yet but i'm 3/4 the way to what I need cash flow wise for it.
I'm getting Icon front coilovers(Pricy) and toytec superflex coils w/ bilstein 5100 long travel shocks. Pricy but will be worth it. Go big or go home.
thearkmaster
thearkmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smkd13 Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Lol it is always this question I see everywhere. What lift to get???? I have a Toytec Boss lift and right about now I am kicking myself really hard for not getting Icons up front. Don't get me wrong. I love my BOSS COs but I would have preferred to go Icons or even kings. These bilsteins hybrid things fade quick in the fast stuff. It sucks. Slower it is fine. I have always been under the impression that you should get what you want first and save some mine to start with instead of buying something. Not liking it and then selling it. For the weekend warrior and mild wheeling. Go OME. 800 bucks and your lifted. If your beat your shit then go for something a little more "intense". I will talk to you a little more about it and we can go over what your gonna want to do with your rig and then we can figure out what you need/want.
smkd13
smkd13

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownfaux Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:52 am

Not to hijack, but I am about to buy bilstein 5100s all around for 310$ from down south motor sports. I don't want to use a spacer in the back for the lift, what do you guys think about the Toytec super flex rear coils?

Brownfaux

Back to top Go down

Post by snivilous Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:28 pm

A lot of people like the superflex coils, they are equivalent to land cruiser coils. And I think the Bilstein 5100s are the best performance for the cost, I'm running them and am very happy. I would also look around T4R.org, there is a ton of lift information there or just google around a bit.

Lift Recommendations 3333e4c6-44b0-4e84-8b5b-bb65901da9d7_zps8c317a98
snivilous
snivilous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownfaux Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Cool thanks. I'm on t4r, I've read their lift stickie a few times. I was just unsure about running stock springs in front and toytecs in the back.

Brownfaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Devin Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 am

So I think I decided on what lift setup I want to get for my 98 limited... However, maybe you guys can help me out.

Front: TRD Tundra Coils with Bilstein 5100's
Rear: LC 8 wraps with Bilstein 5100's

This is the setup I want to get... However, I cannot find out which Tundra coils I would need to get year wise... or would it really matter? Then as far as the LC 8 Wraps... where would I go and get those? I have tried looking online for them but cannot find them anywhere.  

Currently I found the Bilstein 5100s here
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/4-5100-Series-Shocks-For-Most-Lifted-Trucks-with-Black-Shock-Boots.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pn=S%2fDShockingBIL5100
for only about $312

Any help with what year tundra front coils and where to get the right LC 8 Wraps would be appreciated! Also, if there is anything else that I should get for the lift with this setup let me know... its my first lift... so not positive on what I would all need... only thinking I need the bilstein 5100s then the LC 8 Wraps and the tundra coils... are there top hats or spacers I need to buy as well? Or anything else really?
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 am

wikki wrote:...However, I cannot find out which Tundra coils I would need to get year wise... or would it really matter?

You will need the front coils off a first generation Tundra (1999-2006). Second gen Tundra (2007-present) will not work.
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Devin Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:35 am

Perfect Thanks Andrew
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 am

I found my LC coils for dirt cheap on KSL, so watch those ads religiously. Also people sell them pretty regularly on T4R.org but they typically inflate their prices.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Devin Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:59 am

Were you just looking in the suspension area on ksl? Or was it in the rock crawler parts?
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by offroad_medic Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:05 am

I just get on and hit search so it looks at the entirety of KSL for landcruiser or toyota or any variation of those.
offroad_medic
offroad_medic
Law Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Devin Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:30 am

Well I found new bilstein 5100s for 240... so im gonna pick those up then hopefully I can find some LC 8 wraps soon and then order in the tundra fronts and then I can finally get started with a better suspension setup... if anyone has any other recommendations for it let me know im always open for input!
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down