Utah DesertRunners T4R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moab April 17 - 20

3 posters

Go down

Moab April 17 - 20 Empty Moab April 17 - 20

Post by Andrew Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Spent this week in Moab with my family and my brother-in-law and his family. Due to limited space, I only brought the Tundra. We ran Dome Plateau, Hurrah Pass/Chicken Corners, Hell's Revenge, and Fins 'n' Things. I gained more confidence with the Tundra as the week passed. Definitely dragged the rear hitch on the rocks on Hell's Revenge and even hit the exhaust tip a few times coming off rocks. The sliders were used the most and saved my rockers. I was VERY impressed with the Toyota ATRAC system in 4Lo. As soon as the "free" wheel would spin, I could feel the torque being transferred to the wheel with all the traction and immediately started moving forward - it was awesome. Not one obstacle I couldn't get over. I did bypass some of the crazy tall ledges, etc. but I did try to go over most of the challenging stuff. I loved having the V8 and opening the throttle through the sand washes - it was magical... Very Happy

I know we got some good scenery pics but not sure about action shots - I was too white-knuckled to care... :lol!:
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Moab April 17 - 20 Empty Re: Moab April 17 - 20

Post by Andrew Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:42 pm

On Friday running Hurrah Pass and Chicken Corners, I met up with Steve, Kyle and Brandon from RME. They went on to run Lockhart Basin and Elephant Hill. We continued on and finished Chicken Corners (not impressed at all with that trail...). On our way out, I ran into Spork and "Abner" as well - he was in Moab for a work conference and he and his wife were able to get out a bit. I also saw them behind us on Fins 'n' Things on Saturday. It's good to see people out and about...all in Yotas! cheers
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 am

I wanna see pics of the Tundra on Hells Gate.
Kevin
Kevin
Badmin

https://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dutchman Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 am

Read through your post on RME. How did the the powder coating hold up on the rear bumper?

Too bad you didn't get more pictures, be awesome seeing a full-size going through Hell's.

dutchman
Resident Gorilla
Resident Gorilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 am

Kevin wrote:I wanna see pics of the Tundra on Hells Gate.

You know, I was so worried about completing the trail that I totally forgot about Hell's Gate. Irregardless, I would have bypassed it. I thought about going up tip-over challenge but that idea got defeated really quickly...
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:28 am

dutchman wrote:Read through your post on RME. How did the the powder coating hold up on the rear bumper?

Too bad you didn't get more pictures, be awesome seeing a full-size going through Hell's.

I'll know a little better once I get my armor cleaned off and see what metal is showing, but at first glance, it actually held up great!

Moab April 17 - 20 IMG_0249_zps57db58e1
Andrew
Andrew
Resident Strongman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down